The price of hi quality audio

In audio , high quality is synonymous with high performance . High performance audio doesn’t necessarily require a huge expense , particularly when it comes to the electronics section . As mentioned above, the law of diminishing returns is at play here big time ,and unfortunately any “improvement“can be very difficult  to quantify . If looking to keep costs down, buy the best Klipsch  you can afford , and keep  your electronics away from overly critical prying eyes . 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to laugh at people who flip out when some random dude on the internet disagrees with them. It’s supposed to be fun and I’m not going to get down and mudsling with someone I don’t know and will probably never meet. Better things to do….

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I have to laugh at people who flip out when some random dude on the internet disagrees with them. It’s supposed to be fun and I’m not going to get down and mudsling with someone I don’t know and will probably never meet. Better things to do….

Ha! I remember the days we used to talk about important things 'round here and folks would get outta shape and you couldn't wait to meet them at a Klipsch gathering or pilgrimage.{Note: No emoticon added cuz some folks didn't like those either...}

• Haha 1

A lot of strong points between high dollar equipment to medium. I cant simply compare the two. If some people paid that kind of money for an Ongaku amp, I cannot question him. Obviously most people knows what he's doing to earn that kind of money. If the amp will please him and give him a peace of mind, I can almost imagine the kind of money he will be making in the future.

Same thing with mids and DiY. If youre happy and works for you, that's all that matters. At the end of the day you'll still have the pleasure of moving forward. Enjoy life, Not end your life. 😊

• Like 1

The "High Fidelity" stereo days of my youth got circumvented by first the Boom Box and then the Walkman. The first allowed me to party with my friends in the great outdoors, while the last allowed me to travel and experience amazing places, rockin' inside my head without bothering others...Fwiw, I ventured back into the audio world discovering Home Theater and found that modern technology lessened the gap between crap and high fidelity.  That's my take.  

• Like 2

Boom boxes  ,  Sony Walkman  , roller skates , shorts .... halter  tops  , Irene Cara songs ,  no cell phones, WIFI  or   internet ,Back to the Future , and Eddie Murphy movies  ,  sure beats rap music if you ask me 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Boom boxes  ,  Sony Walkman  , roller skates , shorts .... halter  tops  , Irene Cara songs ,  no cell phones, WIFI  or   internet ,Back to the Future , and Eddie Murphy movies  ,  sure beats rap music if you ask me 

Amen.. That's life!

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, henry4841 said:

Being a Nelson Pass follower I remember him saying, "For decades I designed amplifiers with great numbers, now I build amplifiers that sound good to me" not forgetting decent numbers with most times some 2nd harmonics and a touch of 3rd thrown in. 

I grew up with the notion that a great amplifier should reproduce the audio signal faithfully, and that distortion including harmonic distortion should be reduced as much as possible . In this case the secret to amplifier perfection seems to be the addition of pleasant sounding second and third order harmonic distortions . I’m sure that many  hard core audiophiles wouldn’t be interested in this type of signal manipulation , regardless of any perceived “improvement ” in sound quality. Two different schools of thought ,ultimately  it’s audio satisfaction that  matters most in my opinion .

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 9:13 AM, geezin' said:

Oh jeezus keerist you guys love the  f u k ing dogpile. I'm done. Nothing here I cannot find elsewhere.

We have a lot in common and I would hate to see you leave. I enjoy hearing different view points and I do hope you change your mind about moving on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry4841 said:

We have a lot in common and I would hate to see you leave. I enjoy hearing different view points and I do hope you change your mind about moving on. 

Yes , I also enjoy his comments , he’s got a pretty good sense of humor also🤓stick around geezin’

• Like 2