SYNTHETIC MEAT

Bubo

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Do you have a list of what ingredients are in the beef less Whopper?

JJK

It's not good at all, much worse for you then beef.

But the list I had seen was a while back and it's hard to tell if it is an accurate/true list or just internet bs ?   

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Do you have a list of what ingredients are in the beef less Whopper?

JJK

The new beefless burger is a partnership with the startup company Impossible Foods, which will supply patties made with heme, a protein cultivated from soybean roots that mimics the texture of meat — convincingly, by the sounds of it.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/4/1/18290762/burger-king-impossible-whopper-plant-based-meat

the Impossible Whopper made of? The Impossible Whopper includes everything that comes on a regular Whopper: a quarter-pound patty, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, white onions and a sesame seed bun.

Great thread, havn´t laughed this much reading one in some time.

Regarding synth meat, i wonder, they tell us soybean monoculture is bad for the enviroment, rainforests are cut down to make space for soybeans. Rainforests are cut down to make space for cattle to feed. Isn´t this replacing one bad for the other...

For myself, i think i can do my share by just eating a little less meat. It´s a bummer i can´t get ground chicken here anymore...

I must go and see if Burger King in  Germany offers the impossible burger as well, interested in the taste.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Is it refridgerable?

Thanks!

yep - Freezable as well  , it's definitely not the taste of meat or the same bite feel as meat ,but  soy with meat spices , yes -

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

yep - Freezable as well  , it's definitely not the taste of meat or the same as meat ,but  soy with meat spices , yes -

Went through vegan period with ex and tolerated it well. Morning Star product and homemade pizza. She used soy protein.

Guess should have asked if shelf stable.