The Klipsch Audio Community
Bubo

SYNTHETIC MEAT

54 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

and to think, I'll never get that 8 seconds back that I spent reading that......

— compared to the countless hours you’ve wasted on the Forum 8 seconds is a drop in the bucket — 

3 hours ago, richieb said:

wasted

Finally, you've had a good idea......

all beef IS plant based....

we have a choice of how the plants are processed...

have it done at a factory or the old fashioned way - let the cow do it.

I tried the Incredible Whopper.  It was good!  I couldn't tell it was not beef.  It's possible that if I compared both at the same time, I might be able to discern something.  Regardless, the Impossible Whopper was every bit as enjoyable as the Whopper.

• Thanks 1

Do you have a list of what ingredients are in the beef less Whopper?

JJK

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

nope

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

It's not good at all, much worse for you then beef.

But the list I had seen was a while back and it's hard to tell if it is an accurate/true list or just internet bs ?   

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

The new beefless burger is a partnership with the startup company Impossible Foods, which will supply patties made with heme, a protein cultivated from soybean roots that mimics the texture of meat — convincingly, by the sounds of it.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/4/1/18290762/burger-king-impossible-whopper-plant-based-meat

the Impossible Whopper made of? The Impossible Whopper includes everything that comes on a regular Whopper: a quarter-pound patty, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, white onions and a sesame seed bun.

I wonder what the cost difference between the two different patties is to Burger King.

things have gone from people complaining about using meat extender to  companies advertising eating it straight and selling it at a premium...crazy world

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really like the impossible burger, beyond meat is great too... I also think that it is really healthy and good for you. I try to eat healthier these days, so it is important to me. I often take some vitamins and supplements from Canadian pharmacy too, for example. Which I think are really important. What are your tips on such things?

Edited by kellypea

Great thread, havn´t laughed this much reading one in some time.

Regarding synth meat, i wonder, they tell us soybean monoculture is bad for the enviroment, rainforests are cut down to make space for soybeans. Rainforests are cut down to make space for cattle to feed. Isn´t this replacing one bad for the other...

For myself, i think i can do my share by just eating a little less meat. It´s a bummer i can´t get ground chicken here anymore...

I must go and see if Burger King in  Germany offers the impossible burger as well, interested in the taste.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kellypea said:

I really like the impossible burger, beyond meat is great too...

Is it refridgerable?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Is it refridgerable?

Thanks!

yep - Freezable as well  , it's definitely not the taste of meat or the same bite feel as meat ,but  soy with meat spices , yes -

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

yep - Freezable as well  , it's definitely not the taste of meat or the same as meat ,but  soy with meat spices , yes -

Went through vegan period with ex and tolerated it well. Morning Star product and homemade pizza. She used soy protein.

Guess should have asked if shelf stable.