Klipschhorn vs. Jubilee Video.

Shiva

I'm sure that this is information that people need to understand the difference between these two loudspeakers. However, I'm also sure that it isn't always welcome by all that have held the Khorn out to be the loudspeaker that started PWK's company in ~1946--and is still going 75 years later.

I do believe it's worthwhile to point out that the Klipsch Jubilee that they are listening to is also PWK's design (with Roy apparently doing the "elbow grease" duty with PWK's recommendations on which way to go).  So the Jubilee is reportedly PWK's last loudspeaker design, and I think that should be remembered in this context. 

When the Jubilee bass bin was completed, PWK was in his mid-90s.  Roy was able to assist Mr. Klipsch in realizing the last instance of his corner horn design with "all the bells and whistles" learned after more than 50 years of design knowledge in how to improve it poured into it. 

That's what these two guys are listening to.

Chris

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

I would like to know more about microphones and placement. I have never heard a pair of Klipschorns sound so anemic. 

I think that is exactly what was going on. 

The Jubilee sounded like it was going through a low pass filter. My guess is that the mic was pointed directly at the Klipschorn (and getting a full bandwidth signal). 

I guess you need to listen to them in person ....

• Like 2

I assume some of you have cruised more vids from this Youtube channel,  where there are several comparison videos.  Watching a Cornwall IV vs. LaScala AL5 at the moment, just for fun.

• Like 1

I also don't think they are recorded all that well, as far a youtube vid can be of course.  I asked them in one of their vids, what are they using to record it. If they post it, I will pass it on.

• Like 1

Having heard both to me it isn't a fair match, jub was everything PWK and Roy learned about the Khorn and to me it shows. The ability to go active offers up a endless amount of options to tailor the sound. Would be cool if Klipsch offered different "Master Tunings" to use with the jubs DSP on the consumer version much like Buchardt has with their active A500.

I’ve heard some very good loudspeaker comparisons on youtube. Michael @Youthman actually does a respectable job. I listen using Klipsch x20i IEMs. Right, it’s not like hearing the actual loudspeakers, but you can clearly hear differences. 

I wouldn’t be releasing any videos for public consumption unless they demonstrate the product in the best light possible.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1