Upgrade from KLF30s

Sidevalve

Depends on your budget. Chorus II speakers tend to be the super speaker of the traditional speaker type, forte II speakers if you need smaller. If you can go Klipschorns, very nice choice. I use klf30s for home theater, and I have Klipschorns directly behind them for 2 channel.

17 minutes ago, Sidevalve said:

Don't have the space for the Klipschorns , my room is 20x13 with everything on the long wall along with two 12'' svs subs. Might look into the Forte's.

The KLF30 are some real rockers... maybe refreshing them might be all that's needed. 

No room for Khorn. Since you have subs, how about LaScala? 

I would like some Cornwall 4. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sidevalve said:

what Klipsch speakers would a upgrade from the KLF 30s. Bought them new in 1999 and was wondering what model would be better

klipsch RF7 Series -----Cornwall IV

What don't you like about them? Refresh as mentioned, maybe upgrades. Have you checked cabinets for leaks? Other members like the claire speaker replacement upgrade. Could be (Maybe not) cheaper/easier than selling/ buying new speakers.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidevalve said:

Don't have the space for the Klipschorns , my room is 20x13 with everything on the long wall along with two 12'' svs subs. Might look into the Forte's.

fortes would not be an upgrade. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions. They still sound great, only time I use them with subs are movies and games. Two channel ( vinyl and cd's ) listening

I use older McIntosh solid state equipment. Any speakers would have to blend in with the C7 and S6 surrounds. Budget would depend on what I could get for the KLF 30s.

A McIntosh and 30's, operating at specs ? Should be sweet... I think you need to step up to the next level of audio (think big $) if those don't do it.......Or, are there things in this room that need attention ? Or...there are lots of speaker companies that may suit your taste better. I use several different brands as to meet the need. All systems/rooms have strengths and weakness, all.

I can relate and I turn 55 on October.  My hearing took a down turn at 40 when tinnitus kicked in and I've lost upper HF hearing and I "might" be good to 10khz.  Anything beyond that, I would have to turn up and make it awful for anyone else in the room.  lol

43 minutes ago, Sidevalve said:

My hearing that's changing ! I will just have to turn it up a little more and use the 5 band equalizer on the pre-amp. Cheap fix.

New tweeters from @Dave A made a large improvement to my system. They made the highs sound a lot cleaner, so much so that I bought a second set for some other speakers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224152702930?hash=item34308acfd2:g:6jcAAOSwBF5d5TWS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

New tweeters from @Dave A made a large improvement to my system. They made the highs sound a lot cleaner, so much so that I bought a second set for some other speakers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224152702930?hash=item34308acfd2:g:6jcAAOSwBF5d5TWS

that's reproducing harmonics only everything over 6KHz. now imagine if you improved all the fundamentals and upgraded the mid?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, Sidevalve said:

Thanks for the suggestions. They still sound great, only time I use them with subs are movies and games. Two channel ( vinyl and cd's ) listening

I use older McIntosh solid state equipment. Any speakers would have to blend in with the C7 and S6 surrounds. Budget would depend on what I could get for the KLF 30s.

there is 1 speaker that's  exceptional   -- klipsch Produced the Epic-CF-4 for 4 years --1994 to 1997--300  watts rating 108 lbs  ----The drivers sport  expensive  High end Neodymium magnets - very advanced sound signature ,  essentially Big Studio  Monitors --

-Twin 12 inch woofers -  more refined than the KLF-30 -Same Horn as the CW IV , but  Tractrix without  the Mumps klipsch  technology  -

CF-3 Floorstanding Speaker | Klipsch

• Like 1