King Biscuit flour hour

mr clean

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

I think maybe WIOT in Toledo, ran the show also, somewhat blurry times.

IOT had the show I'm thinking too.  Blurry an hour South of Toledo too at that point in time.  Well, kinda still is at times...  :)

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

what ... are you a traitor?  why not WKRP?  lame joke, I know; but I've had a few beers tonight.

LOL!! It's all right. I hear that all the time. 

For anyone here that's curious,  there never was a radio station here with those call letters. HOWEVER! There is WKRC (AM band) and WKRQ (FM top 40's pop). There is also WKRP-TV station (Ch. 25.1 air antenna).

• Like 1

Just now, Mighty Favog said:

LOL!! It's all right. I hear that all the time. 

For anyone here that's curious,  there never was a radio station here with those call letters. HOWEVER! There is WKRC (AM band) and WKRQ (top 40's pop). There is also WKRP-TV station (Ch. 25.1 air antenna).

Thank You Les Nessman. Peace Brother.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Thank You Les Nessman. Peace Brother.

Years ago I used to work in an office building downtown that was a few blocks away from the Flam Building (fictional name) and I, on occasion, had business in that building. It's at 617 Vine Street, across the street from Fountain Square. The real name of the building is The Cincinnati Enquirer Building that was the first location for that newspaper.

The tornado episode that blows Andy over a desk was very possible as the corner of the building the B-roll footage sees the South West corner of the top floor.

Also, the episode of The Who concert tragity shows Mr. Carlson and Andy looking out of the window at a candelight vigil on Fountain Square. The Square is very visible from their vantage point in the building.

The turkey bombing? I gave no idea where that was supposed to be at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Years ago I used to work in an office building downtown that was a few blocks away from the Flam Building (fictional name) and I, on occasion, had business in that building. It's at 617 Vine Street, across the street from Fountain Square. The real name of the building is The Cincinnati Enquirer Building that was the first location for that newspaper.

The tornado episode that blows Andy over a desk was very possible as the corner of the building the B-roll footage sees the South West corner of the top floor.

That's cool.   I've had the joy of living most of my life in Los Angeles. I know people pooh-pooh that thought; but memories everyday on television when I see the old haunts. I do shake my head at times when I see people driving and they turn a corner and suddenly they are 100 miles from where they were (in real life).  I'll tell you that tv show Emergency ... love it; but no way those cats covered that area.  One call they're in San Pedro, the next  Lake Castaic ... in real life, an hours drive away ... in normal LA traffic ... a two day trip.