Do you do bottled water?

Coytee

I want a reverse osmosis system but can't afford one right now - too busy buying crap I don't need. So, yeah, we do bottled water. It's similar to the Smart Water brand but a lot less money.

I wouldn't trust anything straight out of tap these days, not without independent test results.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bubo said:

The only bottled water I purchase as a brand is Fiji

The high silica content has the benefit of bonding with Aluminum, a neurotoxin, in the body.

Allowing your body to eliminate the aluminum via the kidneys.

I read years ago that Alzheimer brains are loaded with aluminum.

An added benefit is that Fiji tastes good.

Water, in it's purest form, has no taste and no smell.  All of that, comes from things in the water that aren't water.  I gravitate to Fiji when I'm traveling as well, but water that costs more than beer, soda, fruit juice, or anything else on a per ounce basis, is totally about marketing and square bottles, not where the water might come from.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Water, in it's purest form, has no taste and no smell.  All of that, comes from things in the water that aren't water.  I gravitate to Fiji when I'm traveling as well, but water that costs more than beer, soda, fruit juice, or anything else on a per ounce basis, is totally about marketing and square bottles, not where the water might come from.  

I buy it for the silica, might drink one a day for a case, then stop

Can also be had from certain tea, but the water seems more palatable to me.

• Like 1

My well water has a PH that varies from 5.3 to 7.5 so I use distilled water for the coffee and casual drinking in case I run out of beer. The copper pipes were destroyed so had to switch everything to plastic and stainless steel including the toilet stuff.

JJK

I love water!!!! I bought my house because of it! I have a deep well and the collection area is a basin 1000 yards away thats 30 acres and then water flows through a very old rock quarry, then through thousands of feet of rock and sand and  hills.. its very cold and its parts per million of anything are very low...

• Like 2

Well,

we are (blessed or not) to have in general a pretty much OK quality of tap water.

Therefore, I have not the urge for using the bottled water in any way for drinking.

It is however true that our water in general is "hard" in Deuche harpe degrees, which probably mean that our kidneys have a lot o work to do. But for now, we still manage.

14 hours ago, Deang said:

I want a reverse osmosis system but can't afford one right now - too busy buying crap I don't need. So, yeah, we do bottled water. It's similar to the Smart Water brand but a lot less money.

I wouldn't trust anything straight out of tap these days, not without independent test results.

When you get ready look at APEC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I never drink bottled water for a couple reasons.  First, I have an issue paying for water when I already pay for it at home.  We have an RO filter and that totally eliminates the need to purchase water.  At work I use the fountain and it's not bad at all.  Another large issue I have with bottled water is the enormous amount of plastic waste it produces.  I don't have the exact tonnage figure to give you but I recall an article about it and it was staggering. 

Exactly. I pick up litter in my local park weekly, and I'm amazed at the number of discarded spring water bottles I find. People are paying 70 times for that water vs. what I get out of my tap. I too use a faucet filter, which does improve the taste, at such a significant savings that I'm dumbfounded people are paying good money to get the same thing I do.

To top it off, my state has a 5 cent deposit on the bottles yet people are throwing them away by the millions.

Lastly, do you know there are NO federal standards on bottled water? You can pretty much put tap water in the bottle and call it anything you want. Some producers put trace minerals in the water to enhance taste, but it's not a requirement. What IS a requirement is a dumb public eager and willing to toss away their money to buy the stuff.

• Like 1

Coke and Pepsi often deliberately compete with each other, e.g., Coke bought Minute Maid so then Pepsi bought Tropicana. I don't know whether Dasani or Aquafina came first, but some smart guy figured out that it would be easy for them to get into the water business.

They were already purifying water so that the cola would taste the same everywhere. The other end of the plant had bottling machines, so all they needed was a hose to go around the soft drink equipment. New labels, the distribution was already in place, really a turnkey business.

The odd part is that a pint of water sells for more than a pint of cola!

Edited by notlistening
  • Thanks 1

I'm very fortunate that we are on well water that is clean and tastes delicious. No filters, no chemicals added, just from 90+ feet below ground. Also no monthly bill other than the electricity to run the well.

• Like 1

I have a cave spring with gravity flow water to the house.  My wife drinks bottled water because fishing the occasional small salamander or crawdad parts out of the faucet screen freak her out. I drink it and love it, best tasting water ever. I don't mind the critters that share the cave with my water source and figure it beats the heck out of city water with all those lovely chemicals and tasteless "sanitary, ahem, spring water" produced mainly from municipal water sources but purified and a pretty name applied. I see how healthy the old timers were and are around here who have been drinking this water and see no reason to do different. On my appx 1 mile rd 4 out of 6 houses have ever flowing springs as sources and I have two springs. Water the way God intended for us to drink.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I have a cave spring with gravity flow water to the house.  My wife drinks bottled water because fishing the occasional small salamander or crawdad parts out of the faucet screen freak her out. I drink it and love it, best tasting water ever. I don't mind the critters that share the cave with my water source and figure it beats the heck out of city water with all those lovely chemicals and tasteless "sanitary, ahem, spring water" produced mainly from municipal water sources but purified and a pretty name applied. I see how healthy the old timers were and are around here who have been drinking this water and see no reason to do different. On my appx 1 mile rd 4 out of 6 houses have ever flowing springs as sources and I have two springs. Water the way God intended for us to drink.

The critters are fine as long as they don't poop in it.

JJK