Do you do bottled water?

Coytee

• Moderators
On 5/11/2021 at 9:55 AM, rockhound said:

The only bottled water I buy is from the below. Outstanding water. I grew up drinking from the tap or the water hose. Mom always kicked me out of the house after breakfast.

Mountain Valley Spring Water | Bottled in Glass Since 1871

Their sparkling is top notch also.

12 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The critters are fine as long as they don't poop in it.

JJK

They poop pee and bathe and eat in it. It gets flushed 24/7/365 every year so no worries. The really cool thing is the best water in the world, unadulterated from limestone springs of course, needs no fancy name or bottle or bubbles or marketing folderal to be superior and is BPA free. A good well is almost as good.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:52 AM, CECAA850 said:

I remember the first time I saw someone drinking bottled water.  I couldn't believe that anyone would actually pay for a bottle of water.

One environmental engineering course on Water Quality will have you re-thinking your opinion on this subject; of that I have no doubt.

Our water (Canyon Lake Water Service) is so hard that it destroys ice makers, dish washers, plumbing fixtures, etc. I had to pay a pretty penny for a quality filter system. To add insult to injury, our water bill is stupid high. When we first moved here I watered the lawn (almost 2.6 acres) 3 times a week (13 stations, 20 min. each),  only to get a water bill that was over $1000 for the month.

Not at the house... Calgary has very good water given proximity to the Rockies and the Bow River water is pretty good.  Here in Victoria, I am not a fan of the water so we use filters on both tap and fridge water line.  I have used bottled water when travelling in countries where I don't want Montezuma to take me out for a day or so.  Fiji water is good.  In London, I've had Scottish Highland Springs water from bottles, very good.  There are a lot of other things that will take me out before municipal water... space debris?

• Like 2

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

You might want to give this one a try.......  They're right in your back yard.

https://www.richardsrainwater.com/

I don't think so. In order for it to rain dust needs to rise up in the atmosphere where water vapor forms a water droplet around it. It "rains mud" in Austin (usually red, from West Texas) and so I'm not convinced it is "pure" in any respect. The limestone aquifers seem to be the best bet.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, babadono said:

May? I did mine in March, still zip, nada, nothing. Bastards.

Last year they took so long with mine they paid me interest.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, CECAA850 said:

Dumbass (me) I meant March.

Hey,Hey......IRS finally admits receiving my return...its been over 2 months