Ayon tubes amp reviews

mopardave

Has anyone here ever owned or listened to any of the Ayon amps?    I'm getting my ducks in a row here and looking to purchase a new tube amp to power my Cornscala's.  Currently looking at the Ayon spirit v and the Primaluna EVO 400 and the older Dialogue model.  I would really like to learn more about these Ayon amps. Read something about the way they are wired is similar to SET, but with way more power.    

I've listened to the Spirit V integrated amplifier and in the next few days I'm trying to listen to a Spirit III, also an integrated amplifier.  The Spirit V is a very will built unit that sounded great (to my untrained, uninformed ears). I have a vintage McIntosh/Klipsch system now but I bought a pair of Dynaudio C4 speakers (for a crazy cheap price) so now I need to spend more money on a quality amp due to buying these very tall (but beautiful) speakers.  I'll let you know how my demo goes with the Spirit III and how it compares to the Spirit V. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PHX1KAH said:

I've listened to the Spirit V integrated amplifier and in the next few days I'm trying to listen to a Spirit III, also an integrated amplifier.  The Spirit V is a very will built unit that sounded great (to my untrained, uninformed ears). I have a vintage McIntosh/Klipsch system now but I bought a pair of Dynaudio C4 speakers (for a crazy cheap price) so now I need to spend more money on a quality amp due to buying these very tall (but beautiful) speakers.  I'll let you know how my demo goes with the Spirit III and how it compares to the Spirit V. 

Yes, please do.  Thanks

56 minutes ago, PHX1KAH said:

I've listened to the Spirit V integrated amplifier and in the next few days I'm trying to listen to a Spirit III, also an integrated amplifier

are you in the USA  or Europe

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

are you in the USA  or Europe

I'm in the USA and have an Ayon dealer close by.

I have been trying to purchase an amp from them but its been challenging, I just found out the Spirit III they told me was out being serviced was apparently sold days ago, another amp on their website I inquired about was also sold weeks ago.  I got a good deal on the C4's and I'm trying to avoid "going down the $$$ rabbit hole" to match an amp to these speakers but I have a feeling this dealer is pushing to sell new equipment. I plan to stop by their shop tomorrow for one more attempt to give them my money.

Sorry, am not trying to highjack mopardave's original posting........I think the Ayon is definitely a high quality product with incredible clarity; during the demo for the Spirit V, at certain points in the song I could hear the breathing of the artist, I have not noticed that level of detail on my vintage McIntosh/Klipsch system (which I think sounds great). 

Also, the Ayon tube amps look spectacular (if you're into that kind of thing...... which I am!).

Yes, I'm in Arizona.

A new Spirit V is $5,995.

The demo Spirit III was $4,300. 

Their website (USA Tube Audio) lists some pricing with a good amount of information, seem like good guys, small shop in North Scottsdale, AZ.

1 hour ago, PHX1KAH said:

Yes, I'm in Arizona.

A new Spirit V is $5,995.

The demo Spirit III was $4,300. 

Their website (USA Tube Audio) lists some pricing with a good amount of information, seem like good guys, small shop in North Scottsdale, AZ.

I have seen the spirit v for $5000 .   The price is so close to the EVO 400 that it makes it hard to decide.  The Ayon is made in Austria, I like that.

50 minutes ago, NOSValves said:

They may be great amps but the description of the Spirit V on that USA audio website makes me want to barf it's so full of BS.. 

well, ya know they have to have a good wright up on those things to get people to spend that kind of money.  The personal reviews on that amp have been pretty good thou and better than the Prima Luma which is made in China.  I see a few Prima Lunas for sale second hand and hardy any Ayons.  Either way, over all, the reviews of both amps have been pretty good.

12 minutes ago, mopardave said:

well, ya know they have to have a good wright up on those things to get people to spend that kind of money.  The personal reviews on that amp have been pretty good thou and better than the Prima Luma which is made in China.  I see a few Prima Lunas for sale second hand and hardy any Ayons.  Either way, over all, the reviews of both amps have been pretty good.

I know Primaluna is made in China but the build quality is fantastic. The Ayons look to have impeccable build quality and are quite beautiful. I am sure they sound stellar.

I wish I could own many different types of audio gear.. Decware looks fantastic as does the Inspire Line by Dennis Haddand the line Magnetic amps look interesting, too and some of the Mac gear is probably as good as it gets!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fido said:

I know Primaluna is made in China but the build quality is fantastic. The Ayons look to have impeccable build quality and are quite beautiful. I am sure they sound stellar.

I wish I could own many different types of audio gear.. Decware looks fantastic as does the Inspire Line by Dennis Haddand the line Magnetic amps look interesting, too and some of the Mac gear is probably as good as it gets!

I may just buy them both and do my own review.

7 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Don't forget Rogue audio as well, for another direction.  

True, and other Made in the USA directions to take - Manley, VTL, and if it wasn’t for weaning myself from tubes, I’d like to try Audio Research.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

True, and other Made in the USA directions to take - Manley, VTL, and if it wasn’t for weaning myself from tubes, I’d like to try Audio Research.

I have researched many other amps amps and have narrowed it down to these two as what i would like to try. Goods reviews on both and nice looking amps as well.   I will most likely end up with both amps, just need to make up my mind which one to purchase first.   The price just may determine that.