In the way of pure analog autos

This was my favorite car that I owned

In line 5 Diesel, solid mechanical injectors, mechanical transmission

vacuum actuated accessories, heated doors

Would run away from gas cars on the highway

Rock solid at 100 mph

The seats and radio sucked, both ripped out

seats replaced with Ricarros

Hmmmm.  I had a Triumph GT6+ that was an absolute blast to drive as it handled like a go cart.  87 Grand National was fun too but more so in a straight line.  My current M2 is a combination of both of those so I would probably pick it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 5ow said:

my fav  top few cars 69 gto judge, 70 gtx, 73 z28, 73 455 trans am, 71 440 cuda, some of my favs that I owned.   

Fantastic ----you were very lucky  70 GTO-70 GTX -71 440 CUDA ----dream muscle cars

- the 73 --455SD although detuned , was -the fastest TransAM ---and even better , you could modify it for HO

• Like 1

@5ow

That is one heck of a list.

Me? 73 Charger a straight line wonder. Second most was a `94 9C1, that reverse flow LT-1 was an interesting flat out performer even in that cocka-rocha-mobile body that I outfitted like an SS with state trooper lacquered wheels.

• Like 1

Citroen ID-19, 1965. Front Wheel driver, Hydro-pneumatic suspension. You could drive over a curb at 35 mph. and hardly feel it. It had a back seat like a living room couch. It even had padding on the floor for when your date was barefoot (the French knew what they were doing). My brother borrowed it and wrecked it.

• Like 3

My favorite car was actually a truck!

It was a 71 Chevy C-10 equipped with a V8 that started life as an LT-1 taken from a wrecked Corvette, that ended up something entirely different! We never had it on a dyno, so I do not know for sure what it it could do, but the man who built the motor estimated it was in the 500 to 550 HP range. But it was one pickup with a very bad attitude in any event. We never could get it to a point that it would not just burn down the tires out of the hole, even with 15" rims sporting L50 rubber unless we piled more than 1000 lbs. of sandbags in the bed over the rear axle. And when we did, the launch was quite impressive, but the weight did not help the time or top speed.

A buddy in Virginia Beach liked that truck so much he offered to trade his gorgeous, cowl inducted 396, black 1969 El Camino SS straight across for my truck. I had spent so much time and money on her at the time that I refused the offer. And a year later that very same El Camino was on the cover of Hot Rod magazine.....sigh. The truck was sold to a friend after I quit playing with my band and joined the USAF to let's say....grow up. But those were good times none the less.

Back in the day I was also a big Pontiac fan.  Bought a '73 FB Formula 400 in Burma Brown, and over the years modded the engine, tranny, and suspension for enhanced performance.  In '82 I "graduated" up to the iconic Corvette in Dark Claret, and even tho' performance was greatly hampered by emissions equipment those days, the styling of that coupe never got old.  I sold the 'Vette to a friend a few years ago, but every now-n-then I wish I hadn't.

sc00023977.jpg.cc630a28689c18429b8711da02ef4a29.jpg

IMG_0745.jpeg.6757a051e37915a1b4d50cc364071d81.jpeg

~

• Like 4

Can't say it was my 1960 Triumph TR-3.  It was slow but it handled poorly.  Repurposed tractor engine that red lined at 5000rpm. If it didn't start you could crank it like a tractor.😐

Maybe the one I have now is my favorite.  BMW Z4 35is twin turbo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I love the sound of this Diesel motor

Nice review clip

Around town the car was just OK, maybe a little sluggish

On the highway, 50-100 and handling were superb

On a trip, I recall we averaged 28mpg at 85mph