FAV CAR THAT YOU OWNED

Bubo

Not just one for sure.  When I was 15, I purchased a 69 SS chevelle from a friend that had to have a 74 Camaro with a roll bar and high jackers.  That was the one that got away, as i sold it when I enlisted, thought I really stuck it to them when I did, but that was not the case, long term.  Out of the service and got into BMW's and had a 318, then a 325 and then an older M5, and that was a lot of fun too.  100% a truck guy now, and have been for a lot of years, and love my Tundra, and will love it more when I put a super charger on it and pick it up about 3".  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Schu said:

nothing better than your first love... I could comfortably fit 11 in this bad boy

1971-Ford-wagon-main-e1597263330144.jpg

Ford LTD Country Squire

Reminded of Matt Helm's hero car

6105259538_619f81123c_z.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubo said:

Reminded of Matt Helm's hero car

6105259538_619f81123c_z.jpg

My Chevelle could handle 9, positioned correctly, and a 1/2 barrel strapped in the trunk, sitting in its own ice bath, with a long hose to the drivers seat.  That was another time, but one I will never forget.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

‘81 corvette in maroon, much like picture @scalawag posted. I then spent half again as much to update it... I swapped out auto tranny for a 4 speed, hurst competition shifter, Holley 4 barrel, removed all emissions control, added headers and side pipes in chrome, updated suspension (gas shocks, better bushings, better universals). Even a hard wood, goose neck Momo shifter knob. Then it was fun.

Had two daughters and traded it on a mini van, yikes.

My first car, in 2000. 1976 BMW 2002 .. what an absolute blast to drive, though it took every penny of my 19 year old salary to keep it running. I ultimately blew the motor three years later driving down the highway and I sold it. I bought a 1971 BMW 2002 about a decade later and planned to make it a good daily driver, but it had more body rust than I knew what to do with and I got busy with starting a family, a farm, etc.

A little bit of me yearns for something like that nowadays, but I just don't have the time or budget for a car hobby.

• Like 1

I have had many cars that I have enjoyed driving. My first car was a 1960 Triumph TR3 and it drove like a tractor but you could just walk over the low doors without opening them up. - So Cool - after that I had one of the first Mazda Wankels and then my dream car the 2004 BMW 2002  - I loved that car so much --- but now I am old and have much more $$$ than back then and I drive the best car I have ever owned - 2017 Corvette GrandSport -  whooohooo - great fun car to drive up and down Pacific Coast Highway with the top off.

424178AB-0B89-4C75-912C-6877728807E1.jpg

IMG_6048.JPG

• Like 3

My two current Toyotas ('03 Corolla and '09 Sienna). These cars are uber-reliable and don't nickel and dime me with maintenance costs - the rare necessary repairs have been reasonable and taken well. The lack of need to change vehicles affords me a bunch of other things, like Klipsch and other niceties....even bought a John Deere 700 sig series tractor with snowblower and material collection system (basically the cost of a car) because my vehicles last long enough that I can have two owned vehicles for such a time that I can afford to do that too). Took that tractor and did a bunch of exterior work on the property, work I would have had to pay others to do, absent the tractor. So those vehicles keep paying for themselves and producing other stuff and results.......

Vehicles are a utility here (a work machine/entity) and don't care about style points. I care that they do the work I need them to do each and every day, and they do that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

My first car, in 2000. 1976 BMW 2002 .. what an absolute blast to drive, though it took every penny of my 19 year old salary to keep it running. I ultimately blew the motor three years later driving down the highway and I sold it. I bought a 1971 BMW 2002 about a decade later and planned to make it a good daily driver, but it had more body rust than I knew what to do with and I got busy with starting a family, a farm, etc.

A little bit of me yearns for something like that nowadays, but I just don't have the time or budget for a car hobby.

2 hours ago, Fido said:

I have had many cars that I have enjoyed driving. My first car was a 1960 Triumph TR3 and it drove like a tractor but you could just walk over the low doors without opening them up. - So Cool - after that I had one of the first Mazda Wankels and then my dream car the 2004 BMW 2002  - I loved that car so much --- but now I am old and have much more $$$ than back then and I drive the best car I have ever owned - 2017 Corvette GrandSport -  whooohooo - great fun car to drive up and down Pacific Coast Highway with the top off.

424178AB-0B89-4C75-912C-6877728807E1.jpg

IMG_6048.JPG

Yes and yes for the BMW 2002 models. My first BMW was the 1976 model, then twenty years of BMW thereafter. The straight sixes in the 2800, 3.0 and Bavaria’s were marvels of smoothness, true machines. Extremely solid cars for the day.

Fido - I wasn’t aware the 2002 were manufactured as late as 2004? Not even in the 1980’s to my knowledge. On to the 320i as the next model I believe - 

Actually I've only owned a couple cars. Mostly motorcycles. However my 2017 WRX is a great car. Lots of power,good economy and handles like a slot car. Does well in the snow too. All for $30K USD.

I learned how to drift in this car. I went everywhere sideways and always left a trail behind. Competition level sound system using the latest Sony ES DSP and a Soundstream 8 speaker setup including a fully packed trunk full of subs blasting Daft Punk 24/7. My backup ride at the time was a Ford Bronco II with an award winning paint job that included multiple themes like Scottish Plaid that was actually worth more than the vehicle it was on. Oh, to be that dumb, I mean young again!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yes and yes for the BMW 2002 models. My first BMW was the 1976 model, then twenty years of BMW thereafter. The straight sixes in the 2800, 3.0 and Bavaria’s were marvels of smoothness, true machines. Extremely solid cars for the day.

Fido - I wasn’t aware the 2002 were manufactured as late as 2004? Not even in the 1980’s to my knowledge. On to the 320i as the next model I believe - 

Sorry I meant 1974 lol my mom had a straight 6 Bavaria-  We loved that car