FAV CAR THAT YOU OWNED

Bubo

44 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're not the first one to tell me that.  I might make it my retirement hustle in a couple years.

I'll go in halvsies with you!!

I will need a hobby someday soon and I have way too many speakers to build more and actually keep 'em!!

Would be a good side hustle.

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I'll go in halvsies with you!!

I will need a hobby someday soon and I have way too many speakers to build more and actually keep 'em!!

Would be a good side hustle.

The speed of your cnc machine would put my hand built time to shame.  You could probably build 4 to my 1.

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Check out CarBahn for a tune that will keep you with warranty, either BMW's or theirs.  It's run by Steve Dinan.

I came 🤏 this close to buying a used Dinan equipped/tuned M5 V10 until all research warned of horrendous maintenance costs with the BMW V10. A street derivative of their F1 engine with what sounded like similar F1 maintenance costs. With no no mechanic on staff I walked away - wisely I believe. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

I came 🤏 this close to buying a used Dinan equipped/tuned M5 V10 until all research warned of horrendous maintenance costs with the BMW V10. A street derivative of their F1 engine with what sounded like similar F1 maintenance costs. With no no mechanic on staff I walked away - wisely I believe. 

Too bad, you could have been listening to this.

Yes, I know. Listened to that V10 song many times, still not worth what I’ve learned about that engine. I do have times to enjoy a V10 singing, or screaming as RPM’s climb - a relative with a V10 Lamborghini Gilardo and a friend with that same engine in the Audi R8. But alas, I’m stuck with only 8 slugs -  

8 hours ago, richieb said:

poorieb :P

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richieb said:

Yes, I know. Listened to that V10 song many times, still not worth what I’ve learned about that engine. I do have times to enjoy a V10 singing, or screaming as RPM’s climb - a relative with a V10 Lamborghini Gilardo and a friend with that same engine in the Audi R8. But alas, I’m stuck with only 8 slugs -  

I like your Prius Rich!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Well, that didn't last long. Knew I should have gotten the vette.

I agree with you on the new MidEngine Corvette , it's a very nice car , although not easy to work on -

34 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I agree with you on the new MidEngine Corvette , it's a very nice car , although not easy to work on -

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Well, that didn't last long. Knew I should have gotten the vette.

M3 Tow.jpg

Damn - too bad. Electrical? 

49 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I doubt any more difficult than a standard forward mounted big displacement engine stuffed under the hood. A buddies twin turbos on a C63 Merc required the engine to be removed to gain access. 
And with only several thousand C8’s delivered do I assume you’ve actually worked on one? 

Fueled up with 93 octane taking 14.5 gallons of 16 max. Ran 3 miles, started missing then shut down. Cellular BMW diagnostic was too lean. Took 4 hours to get a tow that would work with car. There wasn’t a tow adapter in the car. Dealership told me that they couldn’t deliver one from 10 minutes away. They did. No way to shift from park to neutral without engine running.

on line tech...check fuel cap, check oil cap, did you use at least 91 octane? Dealer will get another blast tomorrow re missing tow adapter.

• Sad 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:06 PM, richieb said:

An acquaintance of mine had a V-12 Jaguar a long time ago.  It spent more time in the shop than on the road.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Fueled up with 93 octane taking 14.5 gallons of 16 max. Ran 3 miles, started missing then shut down. Cellular BMW diagnostic was too lean. Took 4 hours to get a tow that would work with car. There wasn’t a tow adapter in the car. Dealership told me that they couldn’t deliver one from 10 minutes away. They did. No way to shift from park to neutral without engine running.

on line tech...check fuel cap, check oil cap, did you use at least 91 octane? Dealer will get another blast tomorrow re missing tow adapter.

First year new design cars ; regardless of make .

Or bad gas