La Scala Line Array??

Some of us have so many Klipsch Heritage speakers that the thought of a line array comes to mind. Say you were going to stack some La Scala, would there be an advantage to stacking them sidewise for more efficient bass bin horn contact? Or could/should one speaker stacked be upside down? Is there a best way to stack these besides the obvious upright orientation? Thanks for any thoughts.

• Like 1

Let's take 2 scenarios -----1)- LaScala 1 -piece cabs------ and 2) Lascala split cabs   3) a mix of both 1 piece and Split Lascalas

1 Picture shows you the 3 scenarios -

--1)- LaScala 1 -piece cabs----you would get better imaging if one speaker is stacked upside down given the mids -HF would be one on top of the other ,  but that could also be the same if the cabs are also one on top of the other normally ,  you would have to try both options and see which is best -

2) Lascala split cabs

you could place 2 bass bins one on top of the other and 2 top hats one on top of each other -for optimal sound

3) a mix of both 1 piece and Split Lascalas

LaScala Industrial split - Garage Sale - The Klipsch Audio Community

• Klipsch Employees
5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Let's take 2 scenarios -----1)- LaScala 1 -piece cabs------ and 2) Lascala split cabs   3) a mix of both 1 piece and Split Lascalas

1 Picture shows you the 3 scenarios -

--1)- LaScala 1 -piece cabs----you would get better imaging if one speaker is stacked upside down given the mids -HF would be one on top of the other ,  but that could also be the same if the cabs are also one on top of the other normally ,  you would have to try both options and see which is best -

2) Lascala split cabs

you could place 2 bass bins one on top of the other and 2 top hats one on top of each other -for optimal sound

3) a mix of both 1 piece and Split Lascalas

LaScala Industrial split - Garage Sale - The Klipsch Audio Community

In scenario 3 the lf will load each and extend the cutoff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I didn’t ask for the Christmas tree… LOL

Billybob asked and that was the only pic I had available. I thought it was kinda festive!

It was a Christmas party at work back when we could have parties.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, Cathedral Guitar said:

Some of us have so many Klipsch Heritage speakers that the thought of a line array comes to mind. Say you were going to stack some La Scala, would there be an advantage to stacking them sidewise for more efficient bass bin horn contact? Or could/should one speaker stacked be upside down? Is there a best way to stack these besides the obvious upright orientation? Thanks for any thoughts.

How big is your living room?

I'm in a 12' x 20' x 8' but I am in a little bit of an unconventional situation as I want to listen to music all day while working from home. but my best spot for internet is not the best spot in the room for listening. Luckily, I only have 3x LaScala, but I can stack 3x sideways to make one line array. I kind of like the wall of sound listening concept. I thought I would ask for ideas before attempting any heavy lifting, but so far from the examples, my brain is thinking of some good scenarios, although in my situation there is a chance all the speakers will be behind me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

T H E  S P E A K E R  W I L L  P L A Y  L O W E R.

I typed that slow because I know you can't read very fast.

Wow, even YOU knew that!!!

Now I'm embarrassed. 

Does that mean I don't need a subwoofer anymore???

(trick question, Carl always needs a subwoofer or two or three....)

14 hours ago, Cathedral Guitar said:

I'm in a 12' x 20' x 8' but I am in a little bit of an unconventional situation as I want to listen to music all day while working from home. but my best spot for internet is not the best spot in the room for listening. Luckily, I only have 3x LaScala, but I can stack 3x sideways to make one line array. I kind of like the wall of sound listening concept. I thought I would ask for ideas before attempting any heavy lifting, but so far from the examples, my brain is thinking of some good scenarios, although in my situation there is a chance all the speakers will be behind me.

Should sound good of course from anywhere. Good idea to 

have a plan in place. Any specific questions for the guys and dolls?