SOLD! - Bob Carver’s Sunfire Cinema Grand

M_Klipsches

Sunfire Cinema Grand Architect’s Choice Series II, Five Channel Amplifier 

I’ve recently upgraded my “music room” to a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature amp, and had planned to use this one in the family room system. However it won’t easily fit in the AV stand, and rather than redo everything (0 WAF) it makes more sense to just sell it, and let someone else make use of it. Output is 225 Watts/channel, with all channels driven (8 Ohm load)
It works perfectly, is dead quiet, and sounds fantastic. I’ve even replaced the lamp in the Joule Meter. While it is in great working order, it does have some nicks and scratches also one small dent in the top of the case. The face of the unit does present well and it looks good in the rack. I’ll be happy to send additional pics, if desired. I’m limited by file size on this post. $850, plus shipping, I’ll work with ya on shipping, as best I can.  Pick up is possible, if you are close enough to make it worth your while. 

58D09959-950E-4E67-A83E-9045F1AF469A.jpeg

9FB0E9A4-199A-412F-9EB3-A88806B0FF83.jpeg

Edited by M_Klipsches
Sold
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, makos said:

Looks like a good deal for someone. If I was in the market for an HT amp I'd be all over this. People tend to hold on to these so you don't

see them on the used market very often.

Thank ya. I think they are more than just an HT Amp. This one mostly saw two channel use driving La Scalas, where it sounded great with just about anything you’d care to hear. Everything from horns, Hammond B3 Organs, to cellos. But it is certainly capable of some serious cinema sound when called upon. “The Hobbit”, was phenomenal. I know I sound like I’m selling it; oh wait, I am selling it. 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gregg357 said:

glws.

can you please explain the purpose of the duplicate coax inputs per channel and the multiple spkr outputs for each of the 3 front channels?

thank you.

dual inputs are for bi-amping / daisy chaining the signal the dual outputs are voicing options current source or voltage source-- current source is supposed to sound "tube like"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, the difference in the two options is damn subtle. Although I will say that the voltage source was somewhat more pleasing to my ear.  At least through the La Scalas, other speakers might be different. It’s nice to have options. I’ve never used the XLR Inputs, as my AVR doesn’t support them. Supposed to be quieter, but I can’t imagine how it could be “quieter” than completely silent. But hey, maybe so. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...