La Scala factory mods ?

pcbiz

1 hour ago, Deang said:

My BS meter is pegged. Klipsch did not do this work.

Good to know. I can do better wiring all by myself.

However, it would be nice to put new stuff in old La Scalas, which is an upcoming project for me.

No, not Volti networks.

Decided to take a closer look ...

The network has a cedar board and it obviously started out as a Crites AA. The zeners are even still on the board. The caps look like the original Jupiter's from way back when. I still think that's a Volti horn (Greg Roberts). The driver is the coax version of the BMS 4592. So, this is someone's DIY, and could actually sound quite good, especially if they added the network mod that Bill Woods engineered for the tweeter section. Whoever did the work did a nice job. I don't get the five miles of wire though.  

• Like 1

"Recently sent back to Klipsch and updated!! New woofers,new horns and concentric tweets!!!"

I wonder why this deception?   If the mods are high quality (e.g., part Volti, etc., etc.), even if some more work needs to be done, they could bring a good price, honestly represented.  

On 5/19/2021 at 4:36 PM, Deang said:

I don't get the five miles of wire though.

Seriously?  Man, I just lost all respect for you Dean-O......

It's so he can play them outside.  He can unscrew all horns & drivers, carry them outdoors whilest at the same time, leave the cabinet indoors so it's out of the rain.

Sheesh.... 

• Like 1

there is nothing stock in these speakers -----the mids -drivers-tweeters-horns-crossovers are aftermarket parts  ,  who knows what kind of woofer is used or if it  is stock , you're basically buying a set of cabinets in good condition -