The Klipsch Audio Community
kellypea

Is online dating dead?

Yes, I've been a bad one...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

You guys are on fire.🔥 lol.

That just means we're going to burn in Hell.

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

That just means we're going to burn in Hell.

Ha, Absolutely not.  This forum at its finest, a little audio wisdom,  pics of nice gear,  the pleasures of listening to inspired well chosen music and a bit of a laugh.👍

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 5:45 AM, kellypea said:

Looks like all services I tried are just junk...

big secret   :biggrin:   

Amazon.com : K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter Olive  22 X 19 X 17 Inches : Pet Beds : Pet Supplies

Yes.  Avoid anyone who uses a cat for attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 6:19 AM, SWL said:

Well you've come to the right place. The Klipsch forum is THE authority when it comes to online dating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Don't forget Covid, all variations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yes.  Avoid anyone who uses a cat for attention.

Oh dear.....I've just been cancelled.

Carrot.JPG

8 hours ago, Coytee said:

Oh dear.....I've just been cancelled.

Carrot.JPG

How can you not hit the handle there? 

On 5/25/2021 at 6:41 AM, CECAA850 said:

How can you not hit the handle there? 

Carrot.JPG

It's a *****? LOL, please don't delete this...🍻

It’s definitely worse than it was in the past.

Anybody that’s experienced online dating 5 to 10 years ago is well aware of how bad it is now compared to then.

In the past, it was less main stream, and less popular, but in my experience, most people utilizing it were actually on there to meet in real life.

Believe it or not, years ago, all the ghosting or gameplaying, or people that wanted wait to get to know you for 4 weeks, that stuff was almost nonexistent. I personally never experienced any of that stuff until the last two maybe three years.

But in those last few years, online dating has become such a shit show and filled with so many immature and disrespectful people that its almost unusable in my opinion..

It’s flooded with way too many people that are just using it for entertainment and attention.

So... my wife was honest enough to tell me about her family. Both parents were Hansenite patients, she was adopted and didn't learn that until she was a teenager. She wanted to meet her real parents and then decided she wanted to move back home. Her adoptive father was a judge in Manila, so they did all the paperwork to change her name back. She stayed on good terms with them until both the adoptive parents passed away.  Lives are full of back stories... I was glad to hear them.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 9:10 AM, Edgar said:

"I'm into vinyl."

It might sound like a joke - but it's not.

If you're into vinyl, you should say so, If you're into Phish concerts, you should say so. And if you're into Mac amps and Klipsch, you should say so, because you just might find that special someone, who in their own way, likes all of those things too, or at least loves someone who does and is totally OK with that.

While it's always worthwhile to find someone of good character, and to be honest with each other and learn to be a team/meet in the middle, etc (and all that seemingly being even harder to find today), being who you are in that is good advice. If I had ONE word of advice for couples considering or getting married is to not try to change each other that way. It's too bad I had to take advantage of all those dudes whose girls made them get rid of their Cornwalls 🙂 but if dude would have made sure that she understood that the love for music and those things that reproduce it not only comes with the package, but is a key feature and benefit of said package, she and he would have made a much better choice.

Choose wisely.

Opposite attract!

On 6/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, Audible Nectar said:

Choose wisely.

You have to! My wife doesn't really like to just sit and listen to music, but when I told her about the... MWMs, she said, "well, that is your happiness..."

But it's all just stuff and there is more for the both of us that keeps us happy.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, CECAA850 said:

Whip it.  Whip it good.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 6:55 AM, tatent said:

It’s definitely worse than it was in the past.

Anybody that’s experienced online dating 5 to 10 years ago is well aware of how bad it is now compared to then.

In the past, it was less main stream, and less popular, but in my experience, most people utilizing it were actually on there to meet in real life.

Believe it or not, years ago, all the ghosting or gameplaying, or people that wanted wait to get to know you for 4 weeks, that stuff was almost nonexistent. I personally never experienced any of that stuff until the last two maybe three years.

Everyone with experience will agree. I have had great luck with online dating, but there a lot of profiles to filter to find a keeper. As always, I do a lot better in person. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:55 AM, tatent said:

But in those last few years, online dating has become such a shit show and filled with so many immature and disrespectful people that its almost unusable in my opinion..

It’s flooded with way too many people that are just using it for entertainment and attention.

IMHO, the immature and disrespectfulness has drifted into how people are in other settings. People in there cars seem to feel insulated from their actions, like they're online. 

On 5/22/2021 at 4:45 AM, kellypea said:

Do you think there are some really good online dating apps or services in 2021 where you can find a soulmate? Looks like all services I tried are just junk...

Balls, CHECK

Stick Controller, CHECK

Vocal chords, CHECK

Now go out and find one the good ole fashion way..... or  you might want to check with Putin, to see if there's any Russian babes left.

Your best bet is to travel to some god forsaken country and get yourself a jungle woman living in grass hut. Those are very appreciative and are even trilled for a McDonalds burger.

• Like 1