Analog streamer

The Dude

I know everyone likes their higher end music streamers, but I'm looking for some for a 2nd zone as my Integra only allows analog for 2nd zone. Normally I just hook up the laptop/dac, but that gets cumbersome. I am looking to see if anyone has had good results with something below $100 that I can stream via wifi from my phone with volume control. I came across this on Amazon, but thought I would see what else everyone else maybe using.

e907e3cf1fb92dd917e819f38e452d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

i run a raspberry pi zero with a dac tophat. Maybe 50 bux for everything. Not quite plug and play but pretty straight forward and sounds great for a second system. 

I have a raspberry pi, at the time, I couldn't stream Spotify to it. Is that possible now, easily configured with Kodi? Also what DAC are you using? I will more than likely us my Schiit Modi, but wouldn't mind using that for another system.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I have a raspberry pi, at the time, I couldn't stream Spotify to it. Is that possible now?

yup, i run raspotify on the pi without issue. Can use my phone or pc to control spotify. I believe you need a paid spotify account for it to work though. 

• Like 1

Got the Raspberry pi up and running.

Had perform an update to Kodi Openelec and when I did, something must of went wrong as it wouldn't boot. I think I am going to wipe that card and start over. But for now, I had an additional card and gave Volumio a try. So far everything seems to be working, but not a fan of how the app access Spotify as I can't seem to control Spotify via their app, but can with the Volumio app, which isn't terrible, just not as fast as I'd like.

But all in all it's a simple solution that didn't cost me anything and puts the Pi to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my network, now I need to go back in and re configure Volumio.  Anyways, just came across this today.  If I wasn't already utilizing my Raspberry PI, I would give it a try. 

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-WBA31-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-with-IR-Remote-300-597?gclid=Cj0KCQjw--GFBhDeARIsACH_kdY1Ra8k49W2cQHjsMTngiHmqLNexhzw4B0D021WrjdRRznkyqbg6EkaAqlqEALw_wcB