SW-112 Help to repair amp

Fredriks

Hi, 

My amp got dead after connecting power and I could hear a last sound as something had blown inside but after inspection I cant see anything wrong with the components. I measured and it seems as the LV part of the amp gets 9V power so nothing wrong with that supply however it does not make any speaker sound and the LED does not light up at ON state.

I've measured the caps and they do not seem to be shorted.

Does anyone have a schematic to share?

Any common failures to check?

There seems to be another version of SW-112 but cant find any repair videos for mine..

20210522_174914.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey there, did you ever figure this issue out? Thus just happened to me, yet didn't when I bought it and tested it at the sellers house recently. I sure as hell did blow the 15 amp fuse in the process. Woofer is reading 4.8 ohms, so I think that is ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, beerguy said:

Hey there, did you ever figure this issue out? Thus just happened to me, yet didn't when I bought it and tested it at the sellers house recently. I sure as hell did blow the 15 amp fuse in the process. Woofer is reading 4.8 ohms, so I think that is ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

15 amp fuse? @beerguy

59 minutes ago, beerguy said:

replace the fuse .......if the fuse blows once more , the amplifier will need servicing  .BTW how old is that SW -112 ?

Yeah, it is a T3 15A per the back panel, and that is what was in it. I have one more fuse, I picked up a pair just recently. I am not sure of how old they are guessing 4 years, but I will check for a date on the driver tomorrow. Does anyone in particular work on them? Or is there any particular component I can look for damage on? I do not smell or see anything that looks off. Thanks for the help so far

13 hours ago, beerguy said:

Yeah, it is a T3 15A per the back panel, and that is what was in it. I have one more fuse, I picked up a pair just recently. I am not sure of how old they are guessing 4 years, but I will check for a date on the driver tomorrow. Does anyone in particular work on them? Or is there any particular component I can look for damage on? I do not smell or see anything that looks off. Thanks for the help so far

Was just wanting to confirm fuse. Sure seems higher than what I recalled for subs.

So, got it from seller and it blew fuse. You replaced and it blew again. Now, 1 fuse left.

When correct fuse blows, yes generally a problem with subamp.

Maybe  @ngen33rcan help.

Got it from the seller, and it was working, then plugged in at home made weird loud nose (trebbly) and blew the fuse. Only 1 fuse blown so far. I can't find this size fuse locally, so I will pull one from the other sub and give it a go and report back, same sun another sw-112

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beerguy said:

Got it from the seller, and it was working, then plugged in at home made weird loud nose (trebbly) and blew the fuse. Only 1 fuse blown so far. I can't find this size fuse locally, so I will pull one from the other sub and give it a go and report back, same sun another sw-112

Are you using LFE cable or the high pass to sub from amp?

did you ask the seller if he replaced fuses in the sub  lately  ? 

on the other hand , if the sub sustained a transient when you plugged it in your outlet , then that is a possibility as well .

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

If you have a non ground adapter, would use one just to see if still blows. Just checking.

And, may as well disconnect LFE cable just to see also.

If does not blow, disconnect from power first before reconnect LFE.

Went ahead on borrowed the fuse from the working one. Blew the fuse and popped my breaker too. That was no connections except for power, and it did that with the switch in the OFF position Ahh, the things I get myself into. I know these had been through some revisions and people like this sub, or hate them. It did let out a chirp which I recorded if it would help anyone diagnose the issue, i can post it on another site. Otherwise, and repair thoughts? Maybe a substitute plate from parts express or something,  Again, thanks for the help!

Think saw the replacement amp for $189 earlier. Contact @ngen33r for thoughts on possible repair. All over the subwoofer section here.

Also, could start a support ticket with Klipsch. May get lucky.

As well have seen super deals from time to time on that sub, if you are game.

Edited by billybob

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, beerguy said:

Foi em frente emprestado o fusível do trabalho. Queimou o fusível e estourou meu disjuntor também. Isso não foi nenhuma conexão, exceto para energia, e fez isso com o interruptor na posição OFF Ahh, as coisas em que me meto. Eu sei que esses já passaram por algumas revisões e as pessoas gostam desse sub, ou odeiam. Ele soltou um chilrear que gravei se ajudar alguém a diagnosticar o problema, posso publicá-lo em outro site. Caso contrário, e reparar pensamentos? Talvez uma placa de substituição de peças expressas ou algo assim, Mais uma vez, obrigado pela ajuda!

Hello, have you fixed your klipsch sw 112?

Edited by Mcoratti