Khorn bass bin-dynamat anyone?

It's not going to make any noticeable audible difference whatsoever and I would doubt measurable.  Now, in a vehicle where there are lots of thin metal panels that resonate due to driving  conditions?  Sure, it will....as it was intended.  Unless you want to just spend the money on it and have something to do, I would find another avenue for a "mod", personally, ie, wall treatments.

• Like 2

I lined the inside of one of my k402MEH cabinets, and it did seam to make a difference on rapping the cabinet with your k uckles, but as far as audible change...no IMO.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

on the outside? 

Dond esta "outside"? Do you mean the front veneer panel? The sloping side panels that almost meet in the back corner are part of the horn(as are the walls).

1 hour ago, NBPK402 said:

I lined the inside of one of my k402MEH cabinets, and it did seam to make a difference on rapping the cabinet with your k uckles, but as far as audible change...no IMO.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

^I'm with him   :biggrin:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Dond esta "outside"? Do you mean the front veneer panel? The sloping side panels that almost meet in the back corner are part of the horn(as are the walls).

^I'm with him  ,  too   :biggrin:

Are K-horns all 3/4 stock (I mean, the old ones before MDF everywhere)?  I can't swear to it (memory), but I thought only the baffle and front were 3/4 and the rest was 1/2 (???) when stock was ply.  I think anybody who has been serious and open-minded about cabinets would at least entertain the idea of investigation (if not dynamat).  No offense intended to anyone, but I like inquisitiveness...

• 2 weeks later...

I had great results, tighter and was huge for the mid range all that vibration is really bad for it. Also removed the rear brackets from mid, decoupled from cabinet with close cell foam . Image upload here is not working. Email for pictures, jahwind@icloud.com

Edited by Crazy Racket
  • Like 1

Wood is naturally self-damping, unlike metal, which can ring under the right circumstances.  As another member pointed out, Dynamat is intended to damp vibrations and resonances in the thin metal panels of car bodies.

Back when I first got my first La Scalas, I applied Dynamat to the outsides of the K400 horns.  I could hear no difference at at.  According to Klipsch, attaching the horns to the wooden motorboards (the cabinets' front panels) keeps them from doing any ringing.

Yeah I just put a blanket on top of my mid range horn and could feel the difference way less vibration but the 848 is a fiberglass horn and it doesn't take much to get it vibrating. The dynamat on the interior bass cabinet made it stop vibrating  90%  which helped the mid range horn too, probably even more than the blanket and the base is way tighter. deeper! which totally shocked me I had no hope even of that happening.