Truth

oldtimer

• Moderators

This is one of the best quotes I have ever seen in an article about science, they just came out and admitted what they usually just make different theories about.

"Scientists are still unsure how, exactly, this whole thing works."

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Ronald Marshall said:

I have been studying quantum mechanics at university for 2 years and have never heard of such an experiment before. The article interested me, and I decided to analyze this process to find out more about it. I want to show the teacher the result of my work and, perhaps, I can take part with her in a competition for a project to create IT solutions for studying quantum mechanics. And then maybe I can answer how it works

Nobel prize ahead.  👍

On 5/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, JJkizak said:

That's why only 15 people in the world really understand Quantum Mechanics.

JJK

I don't think that anyone actually understands Quantum Mechanics. 

37 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I don't think that anyone actually understands Quantum Mechanics. 

Actually ,  one Great Mind  did understand QM very well  ,  Albert Einstein Rejected Quantum Mechanics  as Uncertain  , and although he led research into it's development for more than 20 years   - 

When I did my analytical chemistry degree, I tried to stay away from all experiments where the observer died. Still, some idiots in a couple of labs nearly killed me. I never held a permanent job in chemistry after I graduated... too dangerous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

Actually ,  one Great Mind  did understand QM very well  ,  Albert Einstein Rejected Quantum Mechanics  as Uncertain  , and although he led research into it's development for more than 20 years   - 

He rejected it didn't he?  If anyone he had the ability to comprehend it as well as anyone can possibly understand it, but didn't he call it spooky or something like that? 

No one will ever fully "understand" Quantum physics. We are "macro" beings in a "macro" world and cannot comprehend the probabilistic nature of this except for in mathematical descriptions.

Here is a short primer ...

11 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

He rejected it didn't he?  If anyone he had the ability to comprehend it as well as anyone can possibly understand it, but didn't he call it spooky or something like that? 

Yes, he called it "spooky action at a distance" and could not believe that particles could be entangled (and in disagreement with his "speed of light/info" theory); see ... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Emile said:

No one will ever fully "understand" Quantum physics. We are "macro" beings in a "macro" world and cannot comprehend the probabilistic nature of this except for in mathematical descriptions.

Never say never but we are an ant on a sheet of paper trying to understand height that has never been experienced by us. 

Einstein added the fourth dimension of time (which we at least comprehend) in his thought experiments and look how far he got.  What do you do with eleven dimensions if that is the actual number?  I have also heard 26.   Someone who sees the world like a Picasso painting might be able to understand this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Einstein added the fourth dimension of time (which we at least comprehend) in his thought experiments and look how far he got. What do you do with eleven dimensions if that is the actual number?  I have also heard 26.

The "fourth" dimension was added by "many" (Herman Weyl, Minkowski, etc); many years before Einstein, but merely on a theoretical basis.  Einstein integrated it into his special theory of relativity and it became universally accepted.

String theory with 10/11-26 dimensions is interesting mathematics. Any time these theories do not reflect reality, just add some more "dimensions." Haha, there are string theories out there with "infinite" dimensions. :)  Also, see ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yet there is evidence it is true.

"What is Truth?

Pilate may, or may not, have said that, but it was a "Good Question."

Empiricism vs. Rationalism vs. Intuition vs. Faith vs. Authority (etc.) ...

Hawking, and his co-author, in The Grand Design, said something like, ""The math may be dubious, but all research, thus far, confirms it."

The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy  took a whack at dealing with Truth, here:  https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth/#TarTheTru

Do not read with insufficient caffeine.  

It's been said many times, in many ways, but applying Occam's razor to understanding the Universe, the simplest explanation is that we are imagining it. I am imagining it, and all of you.