****SOLD****1963 KLIPSCHHORNS Houston/Austin

Percussalot

The tweeters could be mounted on either side of the squawker in vertical orientation as they were on my Speakerlabs.  E-V intended vertical orientation of T-35s, but doing so would have increased Klipsch’s production costs without, “. . . a dime’s worth of difference.”

The attached photo does not show my old Speakerlab SKhorns (I had four). My geriatric memory tells me two had the T-35s on the right and two had the T-35s on the left, but my memory could be faulty.  Mirror imaging would have enabled a pair to be placed in a space with the tweeters both to the inside or both to the outside.

Mirror imaged side vertical mounting would avoid cluttering the squawker, but it too is probably not a dime’s worth of difference.

A5E4B649-81B0-411A-A114-F348A1E61759.jpeg

• Like 1

Yup...upgrade from OEM...LOL

I think mine routes underneath the K--5--J... no holes

Also, the earlier K-5-Js were mounted with studs/nuts through two small protrusions in the lower fiberglass flare...looks like they moved to the outside brackets to clean things up a bit.

1 hour ago, hanksjim1 said:

Yup...upgrade from OEM...LOL

I think mine routes underneath the K--5--J... no holes

Also, the earlier K-5-Js were mounted with studs/nuts through two small protrusions in the lower fiberglass flare...looks like they moved to the outside brackets to clean things up a bit.

Question  ---are some  K-5-J -all wood ? or that was never the case  -

Rare? K5j and ? - Technical/Modifications - The Klipsch Audio Communityimage.jpeg.beca93602a81292d7bcd96a565627952.jpeg

On 5/24/2021 at 9:22 PM, Percussalot said:

In a normal market in good shape these could be worth north of $1500 up to $1900.  I know they are worth less, just make an offer if you're serious and see what we can work out. 

Hans ----                 @dsmdylan  would like to send you an offer for these speakers - but since you only have 4 posts , he cannot send you a PM , can you please reply to this post so that it adds 1 post  - since you need 5 posts to be able to PM forum members  or receive PM's -

6 minutes ago, dsmdylan said:

ok thanks... but i just noticed the OP doesn't have 5 posts either so i guess he can't respond if i do pm him 🤣

I just posted to  @Percussalot   about your interest -let's wait till he reads the message --------Good luck , I hope you get these speakers -

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Another option is for you to not say anything negative about something that someone is selling in the Garage Sale section. 

the comment was for a picture of a speaker that was not the speakers actually being sold on this sale  ...............nothing whatsover to do with this sale--- 0

-2nd time you put your  foot in your mouth ------in the last week  -----keep up with the gossip ---

On 5/24/2021 at 10:12 PM, RandyH001 said:

58 year old speakers ---badges are missing

19 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

the comment was for a picture of a speaker that was not the speakers actually being sold on this sale  ...............nothing whatsover to do with this sale--- 0

-2nd time you put your  foot in your mouth ------in the last week  -----keep up with the gossip ---

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Another option is for you to not say anything negative

WTH are you talking about ,  ------this aint negative , this is positive and  accurate

"  58 year old speakers ---badges are missing , but the rest looks complete  including the wooden horns ---GLWTS  "