Pssst.... hey "tool guys".... got a question for you

Coytee

Out of curiosity, have you consulted the service manual? Most manufactures such as CAT, MCFA usually refer to specific tooling when needed and even provide part numbers.  Look up that part number and see what it its and if there is something similar.  I think your offset torque adapter would be fine alternative, but as USNRET stated ( i think this is what he stated), you many need to add some extra torque to off set length of the torque wrench (which is what I have always been told).  If say this off set adapter needs to adjust 5-10lbs difference, check the torque spec as it may give you a 110 lbs +- 10lbs range.  IF so, it may not be that crucial. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/26/2021 at 7:29 AM, JL Sargent said:

Here's what you do. Using a regular combination wrench and your torque wrench, teach yourself how much pressure to apply to the wrench for proper tightening. So torque a bolt to 110 lbs and finish it off to what you think is needed with the combination wrench to 115 lbs. Check it with the torque wrench. You'll be surprised at how close you can get with the feel. Install and torque all bolts possible this way. Then finish off those few bolts with just the combination wrench and your newly calibrated brain. Job done.

Remember, the most amazing tool you will ever own is you.

WWED? What would Elden do? I'm pretty sure he would tell you to do exactly that.

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 6:14 AM, dwilawyer said:

WWED? What would Elden do? I'm pretty sure he would tell you to do exactly that

I'd better put Elden @dtel on speed dial ... I plugged in my guitar, turned on the amp ... NOTHING.  No sound!  I tried everything.  I was upset that this relatively new VOX amp was shot, then about five minutes later I realized that I'd plugged into the guitar; but not into the amp.  After I plugged into the amp, it worked fine. Just thinking of Elden fixes things (that statement needs Christy's @dtel's wife confirmation though).

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, dwilawyer said:

WWED? What would Elden do? I'm pretty sure he would tell you to do exactly that.

That's funny, but yes it's what I would do, I do have a torque wrench, it's dusty, never get's used.

I never commented in this thread for 2 reasons, a torque wrench even with a 4' cheater bar is still a torque wrench and will work the same way.

And because your not blueprinting an engine or working on an aircraft, tighten it and move on, it's a gearbox for heavens sake.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I'd better put Elden @dtel on speed dial ... I plugged in my guitar, turned on the amp ... NOTHING.  No sound!  I tried everything.  I was upset that this relatively new VOX amp was shot, then about five minutes later I realized that I'd plugged into the guitar; but not into the amp.  After I plugged into the amp, it worked fine. Just thinking of Elden fixes things (that statement needs Christy's @dtel's wife confirmation though).

If nothing else try 220V, it will then go to 11. 

Yes I fix things.........or break them trying, but it's ok because there broke when I try.

Good to see you BSM

• Like 1