2" Horn drivers B&C DE750TN vs. BMS 4592-mid

RickD

I have no experience with the BMS, but I used a pair of B&C DE750TNs on some ZXPC horns for the past couple of years in a two-way configuration.  Just recently switched to some Eminence drivers for better high end.  The B&C drivers worked great from 400hz up.  They are very robust and had no problem with the 400hz crossover point.  Sounded great in the mids, but the Ti diaphragm is not the cleanest up high.  If you are using them in a 3-way configuration, the highs would not be an issue.

• Like 1

I have the VTracII horns, and currently have the K55s attached with his adapters. I'll go with the BMS. 

Problem is I am running out of folding money. Bought a new McIntosh MA352, an RME ADI DAC, the V-Tracs, Crite's Cross-over and CT-120. Today I am going to buy a pair of DaveA's SMAHL horns. If I didn't already have the Khorns I'd probably have to find a job. Bought those in 1987 new for $1000 each.

Thanks for your opinion.

41 minutes ago, babadono said:

my $0.02...ur gonna need a way to attenuate going from K55 to the BMS. I use(d) mine down 13.7 dB. They are HOT. We live in the midrange yea but there be a limit.

I'm going to use Al's gentle slope  crossover. If they are still hot I'll  be back for advice.

"The best social program is a good lawyer" - Rick D.

3 minutes ago, jcmusic said:

I remember something to that effect, and I remember when I was using Al's Universal networks I had to attenuate my mids about 13 or DB. Now that I am all active I don't have an attenuation problem.

A course a horse is a course a horse...:) If you have gain controls on each amp/driver ur good to go.

• Like 1

Not sure, something I'll check into. Al is not taking orders until July 1 so have time to check it out.

I hit by a reckless driver and required surgery. Made a full recovery but the ladies insurance company didn't know.