Please pray for my pug PJ

teaman

So sorry to hear this.  You were there for him when he needed you.

We put our 16 YO poodle mix down last year, and it was especially hard on my boys who grew up with him.  It will take some time, but the sadness will turn into fond memories.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. It’s been an extremely rough week. I’m enjoying spending more time with my remaining pug PITA. He is kind of depressed too, so I’m including him in everything we do right now to help him through it.

Reflecting on the wonderful times we spent with PJ, and cherishing his memory. I feel consolation in the fact that we did everything we could for him, and we enjoyed an amazing ten year ride together. I’m praying now that my little remaining pumpkin won’t be going anywhere for a while. ba6eeca90d9bbe79ec57b21ba4a47bd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t even know where to start, now my other pug Pita is sick.

It’s like he has a depth perception issue or something. All of a sudden now he is ducking away from us when we walk near or past him. He is walking wonky and wouldn’t even pee just now. Had not been out in about five hours so I figured he would have to go. He takes a couple of steps, then just sits down.

Not sure what to think now, I can’t bear to go through this again so soon after PJ passing

• Sad 1

Well, this morning I was able to get him in almost immediately to the vet. They think that everything is being triggered by a really bad inner ear infection. They gave him a steroid shot, an antibiotic shot, and a anti-nausea injection.

As soon as we got home, he seems much improved. They also sent away for a culture of his ear infection so we know we are treating it correctly.

They feel his head movements, balance, and eyesight issues are all caused by this infection, which I guess is great news.

After putting one dog down only five days ago, it’s amazing how fast my heart sunk seeing Pita like this over the weekend.

Thank you everyone so much for the continued prayers and support.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Pita is at the vet, and has been since 11:30 this morning. Basically snoring and inattentive since last night. He has not ate or drank anything since Monday around 2pm. Vet took Xrays and blood tests but cannot find anything definitive. He has a fever now of 104.4, where as yesterday when he was seen he was at 101.4. Also now his white blood cells are elevated. Not sure why. Vet thinks maybe it is a soft palette issue with him fighting to get air into his lungs...he has already had a surgery to remove this skin about four years ago, but it could have grown back. That would explain the breathing issues, but no idea yet on why his white blood cell count is elevated. Also his glucose is up, but not too high to think that is the cause of his condition. 

The local vet is trying to see if he can arrange for a Blue Pearl Emergency vet can immediately take him in. Waiting on a return call.

Overall, not looking good for Pita....to think we just put PJ down one week ago today. Please continue with your prayers for him. Thank you

Tim

Update for you all:

We had no choice but to put Pita down last night. By the time we got to the vet his larynx was being crushed by the infection and inflammation. He was on a breathing tube when he was brought in to see us. We only had a few minutes to say our goodbyes before we lost him.

To think that we lost both of our pugs in a seven day span is gut wrenching. We are absolutely heartbroken, and it will take time for us to heal. I appreciate all of the prayers throughout this journey with my two pugs.

Pucky Junior May 11, 2011 - May 26, 2021

PITA May 31, 2011 - June 2, 2021

Such deep love we shared with our two pups, and so many years of entertainment by these two very different, but still very similar little creatures. They were amazing characters.

The unconditional love we felt in this ten years will never be replaced. Through the good times and bad times, they were by my side. They will both be dearly missed.

RIP PJ and PITA

Tim

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

This is just awful @teaman.

To me possibly another instance of how love and or friendship between beings can help each of them keep on keeping on.

Sorry for your loss, hope you can come to focus on the joy they brought y'all. 

• Like 1

They were family and you were their pack member......it's never easy.  I jumped right back into the saddle and found another Norwich Terrier.  Not necessarily the best move for everyone but Swanky is filling the huge void as well as it could be filled.  Each dog lost takes a part of your heart with them.

My best to you Tim........

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I jumped right back into the saddle and found another Norwich Terrier.

I keep saying that when Otto goes, that will be it for dogs for us.  Of course, I said that when we lost Adolph previously too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I keep saying that when Otto goes, that will be it for dogs for us.  Of course, I said that when we lost Adolph previously too.

I do that with every loss as well. The void of going without seems to outweigh the complications of starting over at times. Not sure exactly what we are going to do right now,  but I know we want another dog going forward. Time frame is the only question.

Tim

• Like 2