Old eyes

NADman

But seriously, it’s been more than a month since getting cataract surgery on my second eye, so time for an update.  I wish I’d Done this sooner.

I chose the lenses that correct distance vision only.  That decision was based mostly on the recommendations of my ophthalmologist and friends.  Apparently, a significant percentage of those choosing the dual purpose lenses still need readers.

While it’s nice to wake up in the morning and not need to immediately find glasses to see, it’s annoying to need a pair of readers always at the ready to see who’s calling.  I decided to get glasses with progressive lenses; the upper portion tweaks my distance to better than 20/20, while the lower portion corrects for reading, etc.  I’ve worn glasses since I was fifteen, so it’s not a burden.

• Like 1

Since I'm diabetic, one product for dry eyes I was told to get after about 6 laser surgeries is called "retaine."  Made by OCuSOFT, it's Preservative-Free drop that relieves irritation, for long-lasting comfort according to the box.  Active ingredients are: Light Mineral oil and Mineral Oil.  Uses:  For use as a protectant against further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye.

You can get different size boxes but each lil plastic filled twist-top tube with about 5 drops in it costs you a buck.  I don't use it much at all but snagged a box of 30 in case I did.  It does work well when I use it.

Next up are the cataract surgeries and more blasting.  My "blaster" is gorgeous and ALWAYS smells great BUT she's ruthless pushing that button!  Can't wait for more!  Blind as a bat but taking a break.  Yea, time to shop for a new eyedude or dudette.  I'm gettting out of Duckburg once again. 

Found a great dentist but the down-side is he's 1.5 hours one way.  I'll drive it though cause he's really THAT good.  Dentist's here in town?  Seriously?  The "new kid" in town loves the big bucks.  The next to "new kid" spends his spare time delivering donuts to cops, firemen, city boys, city hall and next up prolly the people downtown on a mission.  lolol

Better this way or that way?  One or two?  A or B?  Lawd have mercy I CAN'T wait!  

• Like 1