Retirement present to me!

Rayman

🤗Placed an order today for a pair of Cornwall IVs in black ash, I have wanted a pair sense I first heard them in the early 80s! Retiring later this year and thought it would be a good way to start my new journey.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Try  to audition the speaker at a Dealer if you can , since the speakers would already  be broken in -  Good job on the retirement plans , you earned it -

Already ordered...

15 hours ago, Rayman said:

🤗Placed an order today for a pair of Cornwall IVs in black ash, I have wanted a pair sense I first heard them in the early 80s! Retiring later this year and thought it would be a good way to start my new journey.

Nice I have yet to hear those but many here seem to love them, a great way to ride off into the sunset! Speaking of sunset I see you are in Naples, I lived in Bonita Springs for awhile in my teenage years, Naples is a wonderful area or at least was in those days.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, Shakeydeal said:

Congrats, you and the OP should report back once you get them.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, 001 said:

one more lucky owner of CW IV  speakers , Congrats

Thanks guys, I certainly will. I don't even have fancy electronics but I'm still looking forward to hear them from my mid-tier Onkyo home theater receiver. The Cornwalls will be displacing R-28 towers and a pair of 12SW subs. I may use the towers as rear surrounds for theater listening and I may still use the subs (though in a different location, as they won't fit in their current location, along with the Cornwalls). 

I'm feeding the A/V receiver with a Schiit Modius DAC through its "CD input" analog input. I feel like it sounds better but I don't know about the integrity of its analog signal path. Causing me to take my own hearing with a grain of salt haha. 

Honestly even when I do upgrade from Onkyo I dont have current plans to get a set of amp/dac separates. I've been eyeing the Marantz SR6015\7015 and the Denon X3700/X4700. I've been hoping for measuremnts before I bought either Marantz as last years models did not measure near as well as the comparably priced Denons. 

• Like 4

Should be getting them soon, Question, when the jumpers are removed the inputs say H and L ( high and low ) but the cornwall is a 3 way speaker, is the mid driver connected to the H or L input? Ray