Retirement present to me!

Rayman

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Hope you ordered from Cory Paducah home theater.  he puts them on a pallet so the dont get damaged. 

And not to mention he has the best price around on Heritage speakers and great customer service.

Shakey

I bought my Forte IVs from Cory and everything about the transaction was exemplary. Best price, by far, extremely fast delivery time, on pallets in perfect condition. I ordered a different set of grills and they arrived the day after speaker delivery and they came directly from Klipsch. I could not be happier with my experience with Paducah and Cory in particular.

btw, the Forte IVs exceeded my expectations and even though I have Forte 1s, I have enjoyed for years, the IVs are vastly improved. Soundstage is wider and deeper, low level listening, is at another level and just plain awesome. There is deeper bass, a much fuller midrange and a much more centered image. The cherry finish has darkened up quite a bit and the speakers are stunningly beautiful now.

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

And not to mention he has the best price around on Heritage speakers and great customer service.

Shakey

I inquired about purchasing from Paducah but they don't offer any sort of financing options. I needed at least a year to pay off the cost of the Cornwalls, as I imagine many people would. So I had to get them from Amazon on my Amazon store account. 

2 hours ago, CoryGillmore said:

I inquired about purchasing from Paducah but they don't offer any sort of financing options. I needed at least a year to pay off the cost of the Cornwalls, as I imagine many people would. So I had to get them from Amazon on my Amazon store account. 

Ok. I would rather just use a CC and get the big discount from Corey. But it's good that you got them, either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Ok. I would rather just use a CC and get the big discount from Corey. But it's good that you go them, either way.

This is true. Corey I think suggested even getting a personal loan from my bank, which probably would have been the cheaper and smarter thing to do, but it's just so damn easy to buy in Amazon and not have to fool with banks etc. 

Personally I think Paducah HT should look into some financing services.....there's plenty to choose from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

I guess that shows how out of touch I am. I didn't realize many people were financing high end audio.

Shakey

LOL well maybe I'm just broke.....I finance all kinds of big ticket items though. I can much more easily digest paying a few hundred bucks a month for a year rather than paying thousands at once and emptying my savings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I guess that shows how out of touch I am. I didn't realize many people were financing high end audio.

Shakey

When the stock market is cranking it makes sense to use extremely low or no interest financing to buy many high end products using credit instead of investing in depreciating assets. I bought my McIntosh integrated using Best Buy’s zero interest financing and my Corvette with a gmc loan at well under 2%. Why tie up thousands of dollars when you can easily make more $$$ with your own $$? Whatever makes someone most comfortable is cool with me.

I will take all the no interest financing I can get if I plan to buy the product no matter what.

• Like 3

You're going to enjoy them. Listened to a pair purchased a few months ago, about two weeks ago, so broken in, and in my ftiends home.

I loved them. However, the sound shades more towards the old LaScalas than the old Cornwalls, so not as much of the old "phat' sound, far more accurate and altogether enjoyable.

Oh yeah, owned a pair of '74 Cornwalls until 3/4 years ago when, thanks to this Forum, I ended up with a $500 pair of Khorns.

(which I drive mostly with my $50 Marantz8b, same as with the Cornwalls).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be getting them soon, Question, when the jumpers are removed the inputs say H and L ( high and low ) but the cornwall is a 3 way speaker, is the mid driver connected to the H or L input? Ray       Got them yesterday, have them in my living room, size 18 by 22 by 12’ ceiling. Sounds like MUSIC 🎶 had to get use to what cleaner bass really sounds like, everything That I read about them is true, overall smooth and detailed, hearing new sounds on music I thought I knew by heart. I’m running AudioQuest rocket 11 full range cables  with 

silver bananas and there copper/silver jumpers,

They recommend with a three way speaker to use H input for speakers and jumpers go to L input. StayTuned…. Ray

9FB117D7-9076-4347-B6DC-C9C3ED071287.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Here is the placement I finally decided on....they still don’t appear perfectly symmetrical to my eyes but it’s close enough....for now lol. 

The more aggressive I got with toe-in, the more incredible they sounded. With this revelation in mind, eventually I may just place them on either side of my head and listen inbetween them lmao. Jk. 

They came from Amazon on a pallet wrapped up in black plastic. The speakers are impeccable, not a single scratch or cause for concern. Grills as well. 

Im also into high end headphone audio, and I always give people shit when they buy multi-thousand dollar headphones and then throw the boxes away! So with that in mind, I’ll be breaking the boxes down these Cornwalls came in and I’ll be keeping them forever! 

0A98D38D-3BE6-4282-B854-37FC03B35701.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Should be getting them soon, Question, when the jumpers are removed the inputs say H and L ( high and low ) but the cornwall is a 3 way speaker, is the mid driver connected to the H or L input? Ray       Got them yesterday, have them in my living room, size 18 by 22 by 12’ ceiling. Sounds like MUSIC 🎶 had to get use to what cleaner bass really sounds like, everything That I read about them is true, overall smooth and detailed, hearing new sounds on music I thought I knew by heart. I’m running AudioQuest rocket 11 full range cables  with 

silver bananas and there copper/silver jumpers,

They recommend with a three way speaker to use H input for speakers and jumpers go to L input. StayTuned…. Ray

9FB117D7-9076-4347-B6DC-C9C3ED071287.jpeg

Some say that using H rather than L is better with jumpers in place.

Let's hear from you the difference in a while from now.

Simply put, the mid is along with Hi, although in some instances this is not sacred.

Looking good...

Congratulations to both of the new owners. Make sure to experiment with placement as the speakers break in. Small adjustments can make big differences in the presentation. Also try moving your listening position fore and aft. It’s like fine tuning a camera lens.

Shakey

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Congratulations to both of the new owners. Make sure to experiment with placement as the speakers break in. Small adjustments can make big differences in the presentation. Also try moving your listening position fore and aft. It’s like fine tuning a camera lens.

Shakey

I couldn't agree more! I actually toed them in a little less yesterday afternoon, just experimenting and I've found the sweet spot for my listening postion. Listening this morning has been a treat like no other. The BASS is so much better today than it was Friday afternoon. Last night, with the help of some booze and pot, I had what I can only describe as a religious experience listening to these speakers. Incredible. This morning, listening to the DMB Crash album, an album I believe to be one of the most well recorded mainstream albums ever, is an incredible experience. 

I'd like to remind everyone that I'm running these from a mid-tier Onkyo A/V receiver (TXNR757) being fed an analog signal from a Schiit Modius. I have a hard time believing they could even sound any better than this! But I'm sure they can.