Klipschorns south of Boston, Massachusetts

garyeanderson

Just put these on craigslist, maybe it belongs in for sale but I think it will get better exposure here. Two of three pairs are going to leave my house. I can help with delivery with in reason or much more money if further than 50 miles. I still have too much stuff so with the coming of summer more will go.

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/d/scituate-klipsch-klipschorn/7336924682.html

The ad on craigslist expired and the mail to renew the ad is lost some place in google mail land. This is unfortunate as I still have two pairs left.

Anyhow if you are interested in looking at them give me a call at 781 206-0129

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

Thanks to all

Gary

• Like 1

So far have had 3 calls and Chris is coming up from NYC to look at the Raw fir KC-FR Khorns (the picture posted above). Adam was also interested but has issues with  size and placement. John called at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and said he would like to take a look but didn't like todays weather so may be able to make it next Sunday. The third pair may have to go too if there is enough interest.  

6 hours ago, garyeanderson said:

So far have had 3 calls and Chris is coming up from NYC to look at the Raw fir KC-FR Khorns (the picture posted above). Adam was also interested but has issues with  size and placement. John called at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and said he would like to take a look but didn't like todays weather so may be able to make it next Sunday. The third pair may have to go too if there is enough interest.  

Fantastic if you can post the asking pricie --it would help -GLWS

The pair of fir raw (photo above) left yesterday.  So one gone and one or two to go. I have given prices over the phone, I think they are fair and the first buyer did too. The other folks I have spoken with seem to think that my prices are reasonable.  If any of you want a price call me and I'll give you them, I kind of think, it keeps the tire kickers out of the air. In the last year and a half, I have not seen many K-horns on the market, I look mostly in the New England, New York, New Jersey area. There seems to be a pent up demand and inflation also seems to  be on the rise. It is likely that I'll be selling the Corn Clone bass bin cabinets and heresy's but for now I need some space back. My tinnitus seems to be worse and the way I listen to music does not help it. :(

Gary

IMG_1914.thumb.JPG.e69346a8f2dc8a497eb08858de05a854.JPG

IMG_1717.thumb.JPG.ac66a210e7f4c0f4f8360a9d59d1b57d.JPG

• Like 4

I've been away on and off for a week,  It has been tough to give folks a window to come and listen. I should be around starting this upcoming Sunday and I hope to show the two pair that are left then. I will then decide if the last pair is available or not (if a pair is sold) at that time. I took a couple pictures this morning of the lacquered birch front k-horns (KD-FR on the tag label).

Gary

IMG_3508.thumb.JPG.f14aeaa5faa208dcfbd81a27bb3e848f.JPG

IMG_3509.thumb.JPG.dce5ee60eedecad4767b28511e399a6e.JPG

• Like 1

I saw this and thought that some folks may be interested, it was posted 14 hours ago

https://providence.craigslist.org/ele/d/pawtucket-klipsch-horns/7336225156.html

Sellers email 

392fd3977d4530c6b33be7e00853a12c@sale.craigslist.org

00k0k_6FYB3GlRkCuz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I guess if you are in the market, Pawtucket is about an hour away from me so you can see what else is available that is local. For both pairs that I have available for sale,  I was quoting prices 10 to 25 percent less.  These K-horns in Pawtucket, R.I. look pretty nice but there are some closer pictures which show a bit of veneer chipping. I don't care if you buy the ones in Pawtucket or mine, just trying to help anyone looking for K-horns. I have enjoyed mine for more than ten years and I hope that if someone is looking that they will do the same. I don't know and have not talked to the seller of these K-horns. I have in the past found Lotus Elan cars for those that are looking, I don't sell much but do know a bit and many folks that have Lotus Elans, I just like to help people to have fun doing what I enjoy doing. I don't take money but I do get satisfaction knowing that I have put a smile on some folks faces.   

00O0O_aBkTa3E7u60z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_6PcrhCw88dqz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Best of luck and above all else "enjoy yourself"

Gary

I guess this is my idea of a BUMP:D

• Like 4

Yesterday, Max came by and bought the birch front KD-FR Klipschorns.

That leaves the "wet walnut" veneered K-horns for the time being. Gil has called and stated that he is all in on those and will be by next Saturday to get them. If that changes I will post a further update.

I wish that I had a few more pair as it make me feel good to know that some others will enjoy them and not have to give their first born to listen to some of the best reproducers of sound ever made.

Thanks to all that have read and responded.

Gary

• Like 1