Klipschorns south of Boston, Massachusetts

garyeanderson

14 hours ago, clairej said:

Gary, I would love your insight on pricing some Klipschorns that my Dad would like to sell. The speaker numbers are 16U074 and 16U075. Maybe they are oak veneer fronts just based on the appearance. 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_1432.HEIC 1.67 MB · 3 downloads

I don't know.

I priced my k-horns so that I would be happy, the buyer would be happy. I am guessing that my prices are low as the response has been pretty good. That said no one local has come to even look so I must be too high for the folks in Massachusetts. Both pairs that have sold have gone to Brooklyn so they must think that their dollars are smaller than the local people. Your dads 1980 khorns are worth what makes  folks happy, I don't know where they are located, what they look like (what is a img.heic ) I did not pay a lot for any of these Khorns at the time in dollars, that said two pairs were on craigslist and one pair from ebay. All were located within 50 miles and the pair I got the least money for, cost the most in terms of dollars. All needed work, some a lot of work and all still need some work but all sounded great.

This pic was taken yesterday, the first time these corners have not had khorns in them for over 10 years.

I love a good rats nest:smile:

IMG_3516.thumb.JPG.24c9eebf228a4114133c9c0ab8f2197a.JPG

7 hours ago, garyeanderson said:

I don't know.

I priced my k-horns so that I would be happy, the buyer would be happy. I am guessing that my prices are low as the response has been pretty good. That said no one local has come to even look so I must be too high for the folks in Massachusetts. Both pairs that have sold have gone to Brooklyn so they must think that their dollars are smaller than the local people. Your dads 1980 khorns are worth what makes  folks happy, I don't know where they are located, what they look like (what is a img.heic ) I did not pay a lot for any of these Khorns at the time in dollars, that said two pairs were on craigslist and one pair from ebay. All were located within 50 miles and the pair I got the least money for, cost the most in terms of dollars. All needed work, some a lot of work and all still need some work but all sounded great.

This pic was taken yesterday, the first time these corners have not had khorns in them for over 10 years.

I love a good rats nest:smile:

IMG_3516.thumb.JPG.24c9eebf228a4114133c9c0ab8f2197a.JPG

Thanks, Gary! I have no idea why the file uploaded with that weird attachment when all the others just showed up in my post. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still figuring out this forum thing. 😂

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 10:25 AM, CLUBSTA said:

Hi Gary,

Are any of the speakers in the picture for sale as well?  I would be interested in the Belles and Heresys.

Thanks

I believe that would eliminate most of the frequencies above 600 hertz.

That said, I am thinking of selling the  mahogany ported big box speakers, I made 4 and am only using 2 at this time. The box volume and port shelf are quite similar to the Cornwall and there are K33 woofers installed.