WTB-NOSValves NBS Preamp **BOUGHT**

MRL_Audio

Looking for a nice NOSValves NBS preamp to mate with some VRD mono's I picked up.  I mean, if you have the VRD's you must have the NBS to mate with it.  At least that's my current thinking.  If you have one to offer shoot me a note.  I'd really like one to accommodate both MM and MC but that's not a requirement.  Also like to try and match to my VRD cases which is burl walnut but again, not a requirement.  BTW - I have lurked for some time but am not super active here.  I am on AK and use the same name there.  Thanks for looking.

Edited by MRL_Audio

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Tall Order, Someone else was looking a while back for a LONG TIME, not sure they ever found one or not. Good Luck with the search

Joe

No I didn't. Sold the VRDs. There was a person looking after me as well.

• 1 month later...

Most postings get to say "Sold" at some point but I get to post "Bought".  After an eighteen month search I have finally secured the elusive NBS.  Was originally @mmoxley's posted somewhere in this forum.  I appreciate the opportunity to mate this with the VRD's I secured in 2019.  Unfortunately it will be a bit before I can get the setup installed but I couldn't pass when the opportunity came up.  

Edited by MRL_Audio
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MRL_Audio said:

Most postings get to say "Sold" at some point but I get to post "Bought".  After an eighteen month search I have finally secured the elusive NBS.  Was originally @mmoxley's posted somewhere in this forum.  I appreciate the opportunity to mate this with the VRD's I secured in 2019.  Unfortunately it will be a bit before I can get the setup installed but I couldn't pass when the opportunity came up.  

can you please post photos of the unit when you get it and include in the interior photos?

Super tube variant... it's interesting, at some point it seems the main volume control was upgraded to a resistor ladder unit from the looks of it.

That's a mod I would like to have Craig do on mine at some point.