Stands for Heresy IIIs? Thanks for contributing.

Weltfaul

I built these to 1) place the middle of the midrange horn at my seated ear level and 2) the bottom is large enough to house my Velodyne DD10 subwoofer... one per side. Makes for positive waf. 3/4 inch plywood doubled, glued, pinned and screwed into fir 2 x 2 posts. Not as pretty as others but very functional.

CDD60B9C-B146-4BAC-ACC8-D98BC5B94E75.jpeg

9 hours ago, Weltfaul said:

Hello everyone,

I'm considering rising my Heresy IIIs a little off the ground. I

a ,little is not high enough ----here is @carlthess40    Heresy risers -----as you see these are at least 2 feet off the ground ---and Heresy speakers sound very good at ear level ,39f9ab892e9bad11042f53110fe1bf46.jpg

• Like 2

billybob,

yes I am abroad. I have waited for a number of replies to give me a range of opinions and options. I have also watched an apparently accurate and sensible review of the Heresy on youTube:

where the guy definitely suggests rising them about 10 to 14 inches.

I am wondering whether anyone has both risen them and retained the tilted proprietary riser to save the possible phase alignment of the drivers?

Thanks,

Max

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:58 AM, Weltfaul said:

Hello everyone,

I'm considering rising my Heresy IIIs a little off the ground. If others have bought/built stands for the H.s, I'd love to see some pics by whoever is kind enough to post them.

Thanks,

a good day to all.

Max

I understand the desire to get the tweeter at ear level. 

However, please keep in mind that there is a penalty of diminished low frequency response (especially when it more than just a few inches off the floor).

Have you tried a mock up first and listened to them? Was the bass still acceptable? If you are able to measure them outside (with and without a mock riser), the results will be fairly obvious (the measurement is difficult to do indoors).

Good luck, 

-Tom

1 hour ago, Weltfaul said:

I am now thinking of a solid wood, 8 inches riser. In case I'll post a picture and a few impressions.

Thanks

Max

-you might as well use slant  risers in this case --

@PrestonTom

hi, thanks. Actually, it is not so much the desire to have tweeters at ear level as it is a feeling that the scene is a bit low. I am not missing detail.

It must largely be a psychological effect from seeing the Heresy on the floor though, because if I close my eyes all very centred musical data seem to come from a reasonable height between the speakers. I am aware that the Heresy was designed to sit on the floor. A mock up might be a good idea.

Max

@John A

Hi,

this is the kind of simple, effective design I was uselessly after... Thanks. If I should decide to intervene on what, after all, is the natural placement of the Heresy, this could be a feasible solution even for my very average skills in woodworking. This design would also allow applying the criterium as per 001's suggestion.

Max

@001

Thanks, I had considered this. As I might have already written, I wonder whether the tilt is thought to project the sound a little higher only, or phase alignment was a factor too.

M. 

Edited by Weltfaul
Addition.

18 hours ago, Weltfaul said:

billybob,

yes I am abroad. I have waited for a number of replies to give me a range of opinions and options. I have also watched an apparently accurate and sensible review of the Heresy on youTube:

where the guy definitely suggests rising them about 10 to 14 inches.

I am wondering whether anyone has both risen them and retained the tilted proprietary riser to save the possible phase alignment of the drivers?

Thanks,

Max

Hope you are getting some answers here that hopes you...

On 6/1/2021 at 1:42 AM, Weltfaul said:

@PrestonTom

hi, thanks. Actually, it is not so much the desire to have tweeters at ear level as it is a feeling that the scene is a bit low. I am not missing detail.

It must largely be a psychological effect from seeing the Heresy on the floor though, because if I close my eyes all very centred musical data seem to come from a reasonable height between the speakers. I am aware that the Heresy was designed to sit on the floor. A mock up might be a good idea.

Max

@John A

Hi,

this is the kind of simple, effective design I was uselessly after... Thanks. If I should decide to intervene on what, after all, is the natural placement of the Heresy, this could be a feasible solution even for my very average skills in woodworking. This design would also allow applying the criterium as per 001's suggestion.

Max

@001

Thanks, I had considered this. As I might have already written, I wonder whether the tilt is thought to project the sound a little higher only, or phase alignment was a factor too.

M. 

I'm not sure you could buy the materials for $27 each.  I have a set.  I sanded them the finished them with boiled linseed oil.  they put my old H700s right where I needed them. 

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Maybe in his country he can...

Hi,

I am Italian. I don't think buying good plywood for such a design would be very expensive.. And I presently live near a very large DIY store.

Thanks again,

Max 

• Like 1