Stands for Heresy IIIs? Thanks for contributing.

Weltfaul

I have used stands for my H1’s and when I had H2’s. Loved the sound from them, personally, I don’t like the sound of them when they are on the floor. I’ve even had my kg4’s on 18” stands and the sound was very pleasant. Honesty, when most of the Klipsch speakers with a passive radiator on the back, to me have a more muddied sound. And when I place them on stands and move them around to enhance the base response. They always sound we are in an muffled when they’re on the stand. I’m not relying completely on having the tweeters and mids at ear height. As these horn speakers radiate at such a nice angle that you can have them elevated and still have a nice wide sweet spot . No matter what speaker brand and model, I use a subwoofer system. Specially with Sherwin Vega, as I feel their speakers are over emphasize on low frequencies and sounds like crap. That’s why I like to cross them over a little higher at around 120 Hz and use my subwoofer to have a much clearer low frequency. I’m not one who likes to add bass to music that did not have it in the first place when it was recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/3/2021 at 3:29 AM, Weltfaul said:

Hi,

I am Italian. I don't think buying good plywood for such a design would be very expensive.. And I presently live near a very large DIY store.

Thanks again,

Max 

Cool

Hello, I am new here and I just read that topic and wanted to share my experience. I was looking for a good solution myself and came across some used Eames LTR sidetables. They have the perfect size for the H3 and the height is perfect too. Ok sure they are more expensive then DIY but used you get them cheap. They do not carry any vibrations due to the crossed metalfeet. I places some rubber feet between the floor and metalframe wich are used for cable management usually. One thing is true, the bass diminishes but I knew that and it was my intention. I wanted to use a Sub but the H3 goes deep in my room so I wanted a flawless mix of a Sub to the H3. I bought the B&W 608 and it is a perfect match for a 2.1 with the H3 but only on Stands. Just the perfect integration for a nice deep bass but very subtle and in perfect harmony.
35fd1c438ed5ae4ff4a717b7ea40ae85.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I haven't watched this forum for a while so apologies for not having replied.

@macHewson,

your solution is fine and elegant, cheers! I wish I could find a couple of those too, because of their minimal visual impact. My Heresy IIIs are still on their tilting bases but I'll take a look at something.

Thanks for the replies,

Max   

9 hours ago, Weltfaul said:

Hi,

I haven't watched this forum for a while so apologies for not having replied.

@macHewson,

your solution is fine and elegant, cheers! I wish I could find a couple of those too, because of their minimal visual impact. My Heresy IIIs are still on their tilting bases but I'll take a look at something.

Thanks for the replies,

Max   

Hi

No need to apalogize :) thanks for your comment! Hope you'll find some good priced ones. 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, ricktate said:

Amazon.com: eHemco Hardwood Footstool in Natural-12: Furniture & Decor      better one....just like the one I got. 

ricktate,

thanks for the many suggestions. I am also considering having two very simple iron stands made for me by a friend who's a decent ironmonger. But I'd prefer wooden ones. I'll post my final choice.

Max

• Like 1