Sudden sound explosion!

SO I was getting ready to play a cd and accidently turned the volume up so I could hear a hiss from the CD player. I realized I must have been at max volume on my As-1200. I thought I had reset it back to normal level, but must have been at 11-12 o'clock on the volume knob when I turned it on. 3-4 seconds max. I was with my infant sun who immediately cried, and I immediately turned it off.  My ears were not ringing and he immediately calmed down. 

Did I mess up my Chorus IIs? I just played some David Drubek and it sounded ok, but I don't know how to tell if I blew or damaged a driver/tweeter.  God I am an idiot....

Appreciate the input....

• Like 1

take a multimeter and check the DCR of the drivers -  1 by one  ----if they match up for the woofer- you're ok -----then the mids , do they match up ?---yes , you're  fine ,  and finally the tweeters --

normally when you blow a tweeter or a midrange drive , there would be a hole in the sound -  no holes , no missing frequencies -you're ok -

Please post in an appropriate section.  Both on the main page and in a sticky at the top of this section it clearly states that this section is for questions about technical issues with this forum or Klipsch's website. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jperes said:

must have been at 11-12 o'clock on the volume knob when I turned it on. 3-4 seconds max.  Did I mess up my Chorus IIs? I just played some David Drubek and it sounded ok, but I don't know how to tell if I blew or damaged a driver/tweeter.  God I am an idiot....

Appreciate the input....

They're probably fine mids and woofers are dam near bullet proof tweeters would be my only concern you can take a toilet paper tube and place it over the tweeter horn and put your ear up to it and play it at low volume best easiest way i know to tell if the tweeter is working or not as they don't really put out a lot of sound compared to the mid horn.

• Like 2