Eminence Production Problems

Dave A

I have a order for woofers at PE. They could not fill them and just gave me a we expect to have more by the 15th of June. So I go to USSpeaker and place an order and get this email back. Relevant parts talking about delay time and why quoted. Looks like not only are we going to pay a lot more in many cases there will be a long wait time also for product.

"Also Eminence told me yesterday they have not made any speakers in the last 12 days because they have no magnets and won't have anymore magnets for at least 10-14 days at best. They sent their employees home last week. I can't see how they will have speakers by the 15th.
See below from Eminence as of yesterday.

"I’m sorry to say this but nothing has changed in the past few weeks, we cannot even build a partial right now. We are waiting on the magnet container that’s been in California for 4 weeks now. Once it gets on the rail it will take 10 to 14 days to reach us, as of this morning  the containers still not loaded on for shipment to us.   Our final production line  is pretty much shut down at the moment waiting on parts. We haven’t built any speakers in the past 12 days waiting on the magnets. We are however building the coils and metal assemblies so once the other parts get in house we will be ready for the final build. We sent the employees home last week two days because nothing for them to do until magnets arrive.

As to an ETA this I’m sorry we can’t even estimate at this time. Sorry for the delay but not much we can do at this time."

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

@Dave A  Double post? 

Not sure what happened here. I have had trouble with ATT for about three months now with the DSL shutting down for a minute to days on end. Sometimes the phone too like today. The repair guy was here AGAIN yesterday and gave me a number to call him personally if there were more problems. Can't call so tomorrow I will borrow a neighbors phone and call AGAIN. Sometimes I send double because the work flow is interrupted and I cant see the first post so off it goes again. ATT is surely the most inept phone company out there and I sure do miss Bell South.

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Not sure what happened here. I have had trouble with ATT for about three months now with the DSL shutting down for a minute to days on end. Sometimes the phone too like today. The repair guy was here AGAIN yesterday and gave me a number to call him personally if there were more problems. Can't call so tomorrow I will borrow a neighbors phone and call AGAIN. Sometimes I send double because the work flow is interrupted and I cant see the first post so off it goes again. ATT is surely the most inept phone company out there and I sure do miss Bell South.

I have nothing to add to that assessment of their service. You speak the truth.  

Material shortages and extended lead times seem to be affecting all industries at the moment.  I deal with it every day in my business (construction materials).  Most of my vendors are telling me that it will continue through the end of the year AT LEAST.

I also recently ordered some drivers from Parts Express.  I got 6 out of the 8 drivers I ordered.  I was told the rest would be shipping by the end of the month.  I guess we'll see....