PAIR OF SMAHL V1 DE120

OO1

1 hour ago, geoff. said:

Those appear to have a different lens than the usual MAHL?

Not elliptical.

More like the K-77 lens.

Those were the very first ones offered for sale. Not very many out there. V1 or version one's.

It seems the greatest desire regarding sound reproduction is the V2's opposed to earlier V1's. I personally like the way the V1's look. More of a tractrix style over elliptical. Anyone favor V1 over V2?

On 6/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, Tony T said:

It seems the greatest desire regarding sound reproduction is the V2's opposed to earlier V1's. I personally like the way the V1's look. More of a tractrix style over elliptical. Anyone favor V1 over V2?

I like the appearance of the rectangular horn a bit more but the quality of sound tested better with the oval and better yet with the V2 version which did away with the straight wall cylinder in the clamp plate.

2 hours ago, Budman said:

how cool would the V1's look in this set

I have done two sets of slant HIP's now and they are great sounding little boxes. Make sure you recap those crossovers though. Carrying a set of those any distance is a real workout too as a side benefit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, Dave A said:

Those were the very first ones offered for sale. Not very many out there. V1 or version one's.

They should be called 0.5's. The had a good response but the oval shape tractrixes were more marketable to more people.

• Like 1