WTB: Marantz 2230

flatgrass

Shop goodwill, usually wide selection of gear. It's not the goodwill your Dad shopped at.....The few bids I bid were more than they were worth from a good seller and still lost em'....If I can't find it on C list I go to ebay. My last few gear purchases were better than described, way better, and two 40+ year old units, in original boxes (not even mentioned) for 30+ years, who knew...??

• Like 2

Can't say I have ever had the remarkable better than advertised deal.  I am really hoping something may present itself on the forum if I give it enough time.  Craigslist over the years has declined.  If push comes to shove, then Ebay and/or us Audiomart will probably get a look.  I have resigned I may be paying some premium, just would prefer not to have to pay a PREMIUM.

I can't say I ever had a better than advertised deal either, until lately...I bid on a ZERO feedback, one grainy photo receiver. I got it for less than obviously poor condition units. I received a double LARGE box, with original box inside, manual, unsent owners registration from 1980, with a perfect, spotless unit inside. I contacted to thank the lady, she said her brother passed in 1991 and it was boxed up since. So...that may not happen again EVER...but who knows...The next chance I took, I bought a unit with decent but not great photos and not much description, no box mentioned again. The unit arrived in HEAVY DUTY double LARGE box, with ORIGINAL Pioneer box inside. The unit was from a time capsule I guess, just like new, and I'm very picky. So....I may get burned bad next time but....DON"T dismiss any place from looking. I had previously posted wanted here, without any luck........I did have a few offers from nice members to help.

I have absolutely the most mint 2238 you will ever see. I bought this 12 years ago and it was so nice I boxed it back up and stored it every since .If you look inside every screw still has the blue drop of paint on it that tells you if it has been removed and none had been removed. Wood case is perfect as well as the face actually when you buy them they come with a plastic cover on the face. The plastic is still there and in perfect condition. It wont be cheap but you get what you pay for. I am no longer wanting to be a collector.

Jeeper -  not on Facebook, but had the wife take a look.  Could not locate it.  It did sound nice though, would have like to have seen a picture.

Davis - thank you for the generous offer.  That one sounds amazing.  But, there is something about the minimal look of the 2230 that really appeals to me. 

Will continue to sit and wait.  I can relate to transitioning through the accumulation phase.  I plan on this (if obtained) being around a long time.

3 hours ago, flatgrass said:

Jeeper -  not on Facebook, but had the wife take a look.  Could not locate it.  It did sound nice though, would have like to have seen a picture.

Davis - thank you for the generous offer.  That one sounds amazing.  But, there is something about the minimal look of the 2230 that really appeals to me. 

Will continue to sit and wait.  I can relate to transitioning through the accumulation phase.  I plan on this (if obtained) being around a long time.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/980739309419880/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A284be3a5-de1f-48fa-bc3e-50d5caac58c9

I appreciate everyone looking out for this.  I did go through those on eBay, including the one Shiva points out.  If I knew of some way to polish out the scratches on the left side, I could see that as a definite possibility.  I figure most anything I find is going to have to go to a tech and be put on the bench so that is a given.

Jimbo - that is a better looking front.  Will see if I can get the wife to reach out.  

MacWorks - very nice Fisher.  I currently have a 1060 that I had fully refurbished in 2015.  I sold the 2230 when I got the 1060 thinking I had too many pieces.  But, now I would like to add a 2230 back into the mix, so am familiar with the sound.  I also have a 222C for when I feel in the tube mood.

Am not anxious, can let the piece cross my path in time.