WTB: Marantz 2230

flatgrass

3 hours ago, flatgrass said:

@WFP , where might that be located?  Only the single picture, but looks pretty nice.

Maryland, just north of Baltimore. Picked it up and had it gone over at “just audio.” Sounds great with my CF3s.

• Like 1

I had the Marantz 2215 (only sold it because of recurring issues), now have the 2230.  I don't care for the slide balance control either.  With my Chorus II's it is more than plenty for me, glad I didn't pay extra for the 2270.  If you can find a nice 2215, that wouldn't be a bad second choice.  Good luck.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, flatgrass said:

@WFP , where might that be located?  Only the single picture, but looks pretty nice.

Just north of Baltimore - more pix if interested

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, flatgrass said:

@HiFi Heaven  

Thanks.  That looks really clean.  Reached out, but likely he may think I am scamming.

Terribly busy selling house, regrets for slow replies. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 12:28 PM, flatgrass said:

I currently have a 1060 that I had fully refurbished in 2015.  I sold the 2230

Had several 1060's and a 2230 as well as a 2252B.  Thought" the 1060 sounded better than the 2230. :)  However, the 2252B sounded much better than either one of those.

Jeez; checked eBay and these units have more than "DOUBLED" in price over the last few years :(  Not sure I would be willing to pay $800 for a 2230, or $1500 for a 2252B (which I sold last year on this forum for $490 incl. shipping) - see

You may want to check the Yamaha CR series receiver, like the CR-620/820/1020.  I have the CR-620 (on rear Cornwall's) and the sound IMO is just as good as the Marantz. 35wpc

The CR-620 runs about $2-300, CR-820 about $3-500 and CR-1020 about $900.

Add-on. Correction; just found out the 1060 is IDENTICAL to the 2230; except for the tuner of course. So; obviously WRONG when I stated the 1060 sounded better :) 

Cheers, Emile

Emile -- yea, I sold my 2230 when I got a 1060.  Still have the 1060 (fully refurbed in 2015, every board and more).  But, would like to get a 2230 again.  I may put an antenna in the attic. Or, on the roof.  Have old satellite coax run from the roof dormant.  Amazing the prices, 2x-3x what I sold mine for.

Funny as you mention, my first true stereo was a CR-420 (around 1974) with the classic Advents, Pioneer PD-12 (II maybe), and an Advent 201 cassette deck.

But, still would like to see if an 2230 surfaces the the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flatgrass said:

That IS a nice price.  He wasn't really enamored with the concept of shipping.  Which is probably good, really looking for a first generation.  Thanks for the eyes, Limerpine / Emile 

If you want it, I can buy it for you here locally and ship it! Double boxed and nicely packaged. DM me and we can work out the details.

• Like 2