rf-3 to rf-7III

i have a set of rf-3 first edition speakers. i also have a sunfire load invariant symphonic reference power amp which is way more power than these rf-3's can handle. heres my question: if i were to modify my speaker cabinet to accomodate rf-7 III woofers and tweeters will they work with the crossover network thats in the cabinet right now? or would i need to get new crossovers network ? i dont know anything about crossovers and electricity or speakers but i dont see why i cant modify the cabinet to accomodate the much larger woofers and get this to work. any advice would be appreciated

No, they won't.  Even if you replace everything it still won't work well because of the difference in cabinet size, ports, etc. 

As a current model speaker, you can't just order all the parts from an RF-7 III either. 

• Thanks 1

The woofer diameter on it's own is too big for the 10" woofers, not to mention the horn.  Plus for the cost and effort, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy the towers anyway.  If you want RF-7 III's, buy RF-7 III's.