How do I get bass out of Klipsch Cornwall IV?

there is NO WAY a Cornwall with 15" bass drivers should be lacking ANY bass... regardless of where you place it, how you orient it and with what it's being driven.

that being said, if your Denafrips has filter sets, that is where I would start... then I would be interested in what kind of dampening that Amplifier has and if the room might have TO MUCH absorption.

Interconnects aren't going to help you with LF.

• Like 4

On the third day of my CWIV ownership, I have become more and more impressed with the bass I'm getting out of these speakers. I haven't read through this thread yet (I'm about to) but before I do I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your experience has been exactly the same. I'd be very surprised to hear you still had a lack of bass. These speakers are breaking in beautifully. I've also experiemented more with toe-in and placement. I'm in love with these speakers. 

EDIT: So I just read the thread and it seems maybe you aren't having the same experience as I am. I want to add that it's not your amp. I'm running my CWIVs from a Best Buy Onkyo A/V receiver with amazing results. I'm feeding it an analog signal from a Schiit Modius DAC so I'm running the receiver in direct mode with no internal processing going on. So no EQ either. 

I'll also add that my room is likely what many of you would consider too small for Cornwalls, 10.5 foot wide, 16.5 foot in length and 7 foot ceilings. Pretty damn small really. All the same they sound incredible. 

I'm gonna be honest here: I was not impressed with the bass I was getting out of these speakers Friday afternoon when I took delivery. Yesterday it was much better and today it's fantastic. I've probably put 20ish hours of music through them since Friday afternoon, even playing them when I wasn't at home. Don't give up on your Cornwalls yet brother! 

Edited by CoryGillmore
  • Like 6

I’m curious if the OP is enjoying the speakers more after a few days usage....I know mine seem to have opened up quite a bit. More bass response and an overall smoother presentation. I don’t know if I accomplished this from break-in or from position/placement. Maybe a little of both? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Square Ian said:

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

Effortless -- what a Voice -   we Hope to hear from you - You can opt for any Brand  of speaker as a Forum Member  -tell us what you like and we'll tell what we listen to -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

First thing: I agree with @Deang and others here: give it time and listen to some music and your Cornwall will have more bass

As a preamble, I must tell you that I am French so my English may not be subtle and I risk telling you things that are wrong and the opposite of what I think.

There are a few tips for increasing the bass and / or adapting the speaker setting to the room. You can in particular stopper with a cloth or felt napkin one of the three vents to tune the bass lower in frequency. there will be less level, but lower frequencies will be reproduced: for example 34Hz instead of 38Hz. this setting is for example often used for setting and tuning with the room for the famous Onken or Jensen loudspeakers.

The advantage of this trick is that it does not damage the speakers, you can do the test in 10 minutes, if you don't like it you remove the rags and it's over.

Onken with 2 blocked vents, in the case of Cornwall only 1 in 3 will be necessary, you can put the rags neatly without them protruding and you can put the fabric front again: it will be invisible.

IMG_9316-800x533.jpg

IMG_9307-800x533.jpg

:)

4 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello everyone,

First thing: I agree with @Deang and others here: give it time and listen to some music and your Cornwall will have more bass

As a preamble, I must tell you that I am French so my English may not be subtle and I risk telling you things that are wrong and the opposite of what I think.

There are a few tips for increasing the bass and / or adapting the speaker setting to the room. You can in particular stopper with a cloth or felt napkin one of the three vents to tune the bass lower in frequency. there will be less level, but lower frequencies will be reproduced: for example 34Hz instead of 38Hz. this setting is for example often used for setting and tuning with the room for the famous Onken or Jensen loudspeakers.

The advantage of this trick is that it does not damage the speakers, you can do the test in 10 minutes, if you don't like it you remove the rags and it's over.

Onken with 2 blocked vents, in the case of Cornwall only 1 in 3 will be necessary, you can put the rags neatly without them protruding and you can put the fabric front again: it will be invisible.

IMG_9316-800x533.jpg

https://www.melaudia.net/zfoto/rueil1110/IMG_9307-800x533.jpg

:)

This is a great and easy idea to try!

• Like 1