Carbon Steel Pan

willland

1 minute ago, Max2 said:

Nah. How to fillet a fish. The knives will come out then

Knives out, good movie, got stabbed is the sequel and after that, it's bled out in a non stick carbon steel pan.  Generally a happy group of non stick pan fryers, with some exceptions. Fry on people.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Knives out, good movie, got stabbed is the sequel and after that, it's bled out in a non stick carbon steel pan.  Generally a happy group of non stick pan fryers, with some exceptions. Fry on people.  LOL

Bucket of Blood---1934 or the 50's version?

Nothing is better than cast iron but it does take time to properly heat up before use. I use for frying. I also like my carbon steel wok but lately I really like and use my Cuisinart set I bought a year or so ago. Competitive with All Clad but at a better price. In my opinionyou will not go wrong with Cuisinart. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Discadas are for outdoor use over an open fire anyway.

If I remember correctly in the Southwest farm workers and had nothing to cook on they used a tractor disc on an open fire. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Nothing is better than cast iron but it does take time to properly heat up before use. I use for frying. I also like my carbon steel wok but lately I really like and use my Cuisinart set I bought a year or so ago. Competitive with All Clad but at a better price. In my opinionyou will not go wrong with Cuisinart. 

Thin cast iron heats as quickly as anything else, and takes much less heat to achieve the same results.  I'm impressed with it.

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Thin cast iron heats as quickly as anything else, and takes much less heat to achieve the same results.  I'm impressed with it.

known as the Maillard reaction .

with any properly heated pan..

never use a cold or over crowed the pan..