RIP DAVE MALLETTE

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Hated to hear this, it was suprising to say the least.

RIP Dave

I like how they described him  “wonderfully eccentric”, that's dave.  He would have loved that. :emotion-21:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is a very sad surprise.  I always respected Dave (didn’t know his first name until now), because he was knowledgeable and pleasant, without ever being condescending.  He’ll be missed.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Very sorry to hear this.  However, Dave's chili recipe will live with me forever.

Will you (can you) share it? He could be pretty secretive on recipes, I wouldn't be surprised if you were sworn to secrecy so I understand if you can't. I would love to have it, would like to make it this weekend.

I went to the link, doesn't appear to be any dates set on anything, does anyone have an update?

Godspeed to you Dave Mallett, may you rest in peace. I will miss reading about your dreams, and you making a go of them no matter the odds. 

• Like 2

I’ll listen to some of Dave’s pipe organ recordings to remember him.

Until I spoke with Dave on the phone, I always pronounced his last name in my head like the hammer mallet.  He pronounced it Mah - let’.

• Like 1

I have disagreed with Dave a few times myself but never took it personal. From what I know about him he was a decent honorable man respected by most on this forum. Being a moderator he stepped on a few toes but that is the case with all the moderators. That is what they do. Thankless job. 

• Like 1