RIP DAVE MALLETTE

dtel's wife

The following is copied from Dave’s forum signature.  The linked “BLOG” is interesting.  Somewhere I have some pipe organ recordings Dave posted years ago.  I’ll look for them.

David A. Mallette "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington

If you are SERIOUSLY bored, my BLOG. Some thoughts on audio in there if you look hard enough.

• Like 4

• Moderators

As of yesterday no definite arrangements have been made. As soon as I am notified of arrangements I will post comment here.

My friendship with Dave dates back 16 years. I met him at a Pilgrimage within weeks of his daughter, Jennings passing. We bonded instantly and became close friends.

I can not express how much I will miss him. With all of his oddities, he was truly an honorable, loving, compassionate man. I know from our many conversations that Dave is now with the Great Physician and his suffering is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

As of yesterday no definite arrangements have been made. As soon as I am notified of arrangements I will post comment here.

My friendship with Dave dates back 16 years. I met him at a Pilgrimage within weeks of his daughter, Jennings passing. We bonded instantly and became close friends.

I can not express how much I will miss him. With all of his oddities, he was truly an honorable, loving, compassionate man. I know from our many conversations that Dave is now with the Great Physician and his suffering is over.

Any contact with Kecia?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Any contact with Kecia?

I hope to speak with her today. Ron, Dave’s longtime friend aka Lonelobo is putting us in touch. Things are very fluid so I have been speaking to Ron. I lost Kecia’s number when my last phone died.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

God Bless you Dave!  I KNOW you're at peace but I want you to know you're missed by so many here.  Yea, you're laffin I know.  Remember when I first came here and we found out we both graduated from the Defense Information School?  You the broadcast boy and me the writer./shooter?  Yea, that was just part of what we did in the Army,  I went in the 90's and you were there during Nam with me somewhere.  I remember you linking me that post for your chili recipe.   The fact you used an old darkroom timer was funny but the part that got me was when you said to put it in the garage and skim the fat off the next morning.  Just wish I could pull up my Dave1290 account so I could share it with everyone.  It's here though we both know that.  No reason to "stay low" anymore brother!  Stand tall and know your family is going to be just fine but also know you'll never be forgotten by anyone you've ever met.

• Like 7

It is a tragedy as he plans a new life as a " 4 States Reporter " sells house and all the Klipsch stuff , wants to buy a new boat . A few weeks later then such a message. It is upsetting. I thank Dave for his benevolent support when I was new here. We communicated a lot internally. Dave was a wise but confrontational man who stood very much for his beliefs. Rest in peace Dave Mallette.

• Like 5

On 6/9/2021 at 2:52 PM, MicroMara said:

It is a tragedy as he plans a new life as a " 4 States Reporter " sells house and all the Klipsch stuff , wants to buy a new boat . A few weeks later then such a message. It is upsetting. I thank Dave for his benevolent support when I was new here. We communicated a lot internally. Dave was a wise but confrontational man who stood very much for his beliefs. Rest in peace Dave Mallette.

Devastating news!!

RIP, Dave. Heartfelt condolences to the family and his friends.

• Like 1

I want to thank Neil @DizRotus  for sharing the link of Dave's blog. Many know Dave for all of his eccentricities and love of so many scientific things, but his family suffered a huge blow when his daughter passed away in 2011. The link to his telling of the events explains a side of Dave that placed us as brothers. He posted that she became a believer in Jesus, pretty much on her own, and that "...He was simply her Friend.  They walked and talked together.  I hope she will introduce me someday."

That's Dave... 100%. Below is a link to his telling. [If the moderators think this should be remove, so be it...]

https://malletteblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/but-i-was-in-shock/

• Like 2

Lonelobo here.  His ex-wife Kecia is in charge of setting up streaming of his memorial on Thursday, June 17th. I will try to forward that information when I get it. Thomas, Dave's son and my Godson, has asked me to help dispose of some of Dave's audio gear when the time comes. Thomas will be entering the Navy in November and will not have a place to keep all of it. Most daunting of course is the vinyl...and not one, but 2 small organs in the garage (pumpers if I remember correctly). 
So you will probably be hearing from me in the near future, once we have an inventory of gear.

I knew Dave for 41 years and can tell you that he loved this forum and all of you.  The last few years were challenging for all of us who loved him, but the loyalty and love we had for each other transcended any other issues.

I will be at the services on Thursday. If any of you feel compelled to attend, please introduce yourself as I have been absent from the forum for some time and it's been several years since I attended a Pilgrimage and you may have lost some hair or weight since I saw you last. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@MalletteI'm very saddened and shocked to hear this news.  It's been almost twenty years ago, but Dave invited me and a few other forum members to his home to listen to his Klipschorns powered by tube amplification (a type of ST-70 if I remember correctly), which I really wanted to hear.  I recall he had them set-up in his bedroom as that was the room that had the best corners.  I think that was in 2002.  I only met him that one time but had communicated with him in other instances and here on the forum.  He was likeable and clearly a good guy from my viewpoint.  My prayers, thoughts, and condolences go out to his family and friends.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lone Lobo said:

Lonelobo here.  His ex-wife Kecia is in charge of setting up streaming of his memorial on Thursday, June 17th. I will try to forward that information when I get it. Thomas, Dave's son and my Godson, has asked me to help dispose of some of Dave's audio gear when the time comes. Thomas will be entering the Navy in November and will not have a place to keep all of it. Most daunting of course is the vinyl...and not one, but 2 small organs in the garage (pumpers if I remember correctly). 
So you will probably be hearing from me in the near future, once we have an inventory of gear.

I knew Dave for 41 years and can tell you that he loved this forum and all of you.  The last few years were challenging for all of us who loved him, but the loyalty and love we had for each other transcended any other issues.

I will be at the services on Thursday. If any of you feel compelled to attend, please introduce yourself as I have been absent from the forum for some time and it's been several years since I attended a Pilgrimage and you may have lost some hair or weight since I saw you last. 

Thanks for the update Ron.

One of the fondest memories I have of Dave was at his house in Houston.  We were upstairs in his listening room and he was playing the largest pair of Frazier speakers I've ever seen.  I don't recall the model number but they were mammoth.  Supposedly they were something Frazier concocted to compete with the K-horn.  We listened and talked for quite a while.  It seems like ages ago yet it also seems like last week.  I also remember when you and I were at his house building him a sub and we sent him to the hardware store 3 times to get a couple tubes of PL Premium.  We gave up and used the liquid nails he brought on the last trip as we knew that sending him back again would be pointless.  Typical Dave.  LOL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lone Lobo said:

The last few years were challenging for all of us who loved him, but the loyalty and love we had for each other transcended any other issue

Ron , Dave  promoted  the  Texarcana  Regional Music Center project -  will someone in the Community take over the Texarkana Regional Music Center  that Dave worked so hard to create

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

Ron , Dave  promoted  the  Texarcana  Regional Music Center project -  will someone in the Community take over the Texarkana Regional Music Center  that Dave worked so hard to create

There's sadly nothing there but a building that's close to being condemned and good intentions.

• Like 1