WTB: Microsoft Surface Pro tablet or other Windows 10 tablet

avguytx

My daughter will be starting her senior year at the University of Arkansas (pre-med) and already has a larger laptop but would like something like the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 where she can write notes on power points, etc.  It won't be used for heavy computing as I already have her taken care of there.....just need something for notes.  The Surface Pro's are "approved" by the U of A in their network and work pretty seamlessly.

Just curious if anyone has one sitting idle.  :)  Thanks!

I don't have one for sale but do own two. Beware of the Surface Pro 4, the touch screen can be buggy (driver issue) and Microsoft doesn't seem to want to fix it.

The other models seem to work just fine and I really like them YMMV

1 minute ago, tromprof said:

I don't have one for sale but do own two. Beware of the Surface Pro 4, the touch screen can be buggy (driver issue) and Microsoft doesn't seem to want to fix it.

The other models seem to work just fine and I really like them YMMV

Thank you sir.  I appreciate the info.  Normally I have no issue with buying used laptops or desktops as I can work on the majority of those things till they fail.  But, a tablet is different.  ha.  The main versions I'm looking for are the 6 and 7; something more recent.

Just now, dieter17 said:

Look up battery swelling on the surface pros. It’s a know issue and battery is nearly impossible to replace. 

Oh great.  Always something it seems.  Any other reasonably good Windows 10 "2 in 1" tablet out there with a pen?  lol  I think everything has issues anymore

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – 12.3" Touch-Screen - 10th Gen Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB SSD

how much you looking to spend?

edit... i just looked on the bay and there are MANY on there that seem like great deals.

Just now, Schu said:

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – 12.3" Touch-Screen - 10th Gen Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB SSD

how much you looking to spend?

As little as possible.  lol.  This tablet will ONLY be used to take to classes for taking notes on powerpoints mainly.  She also has a laptop and desktop at home to use when she's there.  She uses Office 365 which the U of A gives them for free and the Surface is one of the main "approved" devices for their campus.

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

definitely shop used then... I paid well over 1.25k for mine NIB, on the bay i see 600'ish

Yep, been looking on FB Marketplace, etc., for the Surface Pro 6 and 7 mainly.  I'm chatting from someone at MS about the battery issue and they said it's not been a problem in the 6 and 7's.  That price seems to be about the going range for a used one which would be fine.

I don't know if it's University of Arkansas approved but if it's just for note taking you may want to look at the Surface Go 2.  You don't need the horsepower of a Surface Pro just to take notes.  It's small, lightweight, and easy to carry.  I love mine.  I got the Intel Core M3/8 GB RAM/128 GB SSD model.

22 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I don't know if it's University of Arkansas approved but if it's just for note taking you may want to look at the Surface Go 2.  You don't need the horsepower of a Surface Pro just to take notes.  It's small, lightweight, and easy to carry.  I love mine.  I got the Intel Core M3/8 GB RAM/128 GB SSD model.

I'm honestly not sure what they mean by "University approved" but she mentioned that to me when I told her which ones I was looking at.  But if she's happy, that works for me.  ha.