LaScalas, So. California. $4500.00

Shiva

Those look like 1980s models, with their early style first generation La Scala cabinets and their AL crossovers.  They are NOT 2020-2021 AL5s.  Maybe the seller thought that the crossover designation referred to the model number.  Maybe.

• Like 1

More like $1500.  They're over 30 years old.  For $2500 you can get some much newer La Scalas, and generally speaking, newer is better, since the Klipsch engineers continue to improve the models.  I have a pair of 2007 La Scala IIs and a pair of 1974 La Scalas.  While I like the old ones, and like that they got me into the Klipsch trip, and led me to discover this forum, the fact is that the newer speakers are better in every way.  They sound better (more clarity, more bass volume and quality, etc.) and look so much better.

Klipsch engineering and building techniques continue to improve.  While the old speakers are good, the newer speakers are better, with few exceptions (like the La Scalas with the AL crossovers, and they can be sorted out), so age and condition are the main factors to consider, as they should be.

The speakers in that ad appear to be in great shape cosmetically and maybe electronically, but they're generally considered to be one of the least desirable vintages, mainly due to those AL crossovers.  That's fixable, of course, but it doesn't help the selling price.

I think these will sell around 2k$ -2500$  , the  cabs are  in mint shape  and very well taken care of - these are not  beat up or scratched which is the average condition of 40 year old speakers

the  klipsch  badges  and the optional fabric/grilles are not stapled, so no damage or holes to the cabs  --

these speakers are a great deal for someone who does not want to spend 1k$  on refurbishing cabs and who wants a mint pair of Lascala speakers in RAW BIRCH -