Klipsch raising prices 10%???

Fido

2 hours ago, Fido said:

but I am from California and that obviously is polarizing for so many. 

Small of them!

I lived in California for 60 years.  I loved it, the weather, the diversity, the all-channel net, and the stimulation of San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland.  There always seems to be a good conversation in progress on a street corner, in a coffee shop, or at one of the many Universities and colleges.   The reasons we moved away were the increasing traffic, expense, crime, and to outrun global warming.  Well, scratch that last one.

I hope you stay on the forum, and enjoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garyrc said:

Small of them!

I lived in California for 60 years.  I loved it, the weather, the diversity, the all-channel net, and the stimulation of San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland.  There always seems to be a good conversation in progress on a street corner, in a coffee shop, or at one of the many Universities and colleges.   The reasons we moved away were the increasing traffic, expense, crime, and to outrun global warming.  Well, scratch that last one.

I hope you stay on the forum, and enjoy.

Thanks Gary I am a California native and love it here. Live near Laguna Beach and love the lifestyle. It’s getting hot a lot of places these days.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Fido said:

Thanks Gary I am a California native and love it here. Live near Laguna Beach and love the lifestyle. It’s getting hot a lot of places these days.

Our place is on the peninsula, near BI ferry dock. What's the word on the Crab Cooker reopening? Any new resturants worth a visit in LB, DP, NB?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steve. said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe as dealers exhaust their stock they will list or disclose that

I pulled up Upscale Audio Klipsch and the MSRP did go up, AK6 is $17.5  I think it was, all Heritage are up.  They still had some III series in Heresy and Forte I believe. Hopefully if anyone was close to buying back when you posted this saw it and jumped.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Our place is on the peninsula, near BI ferry dock. What's the word on the Crab Cooker reopening? Any new resturants worth a visit in LB, DP, NB?

Due to covid I have not been out and about for most of he last year and a half. I got infected with Covid and had the monoclonal infusion treatment so I had to wait to get vaccinated. I’m now fully vaccinated and ready to check out what eateries are available in south OC beach cities these days. Beautiful up there in Newport Beach. It’s great to have survived the deadly virus and be able to fully live again. I did lose my brother and sister-in-law  to Covid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry for your loss Fido....  so many people have lost someone close.    I work in just about every clinic and hospital in the Boston area as a vendor , I've been exposed a number of times and can't believe I didn't catch it.    

Just noticed Music Direct lists the Forte IV at $4998.   Walmart still has em for $4500 !    Why is World Wide Stereo allowed to sell through Walmart?     Thats not right and undermines legit Heritage Dealers.  

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Fido said:

Due to covid I have not been out and about for most of he last year and a half. I got infected with Covid and had the monoclonal infusion treatment so I had to wait to get vaccinated. I’m now fully vaccinated and ready to check out what eateries are available in south OC beach cities these days. Beautiful up there in Newport Beach. It’s great to have survived the deadly virus and be able to fully live again. I did lose my brother and sister-in-law  to Covid.

Really sorry to hear that. Terrible news..

I'm glad you recovered and are doing well.

19 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Really sorry to hear that. Terrible news..

I'm glad you recovered and are doing well.

Thanks Travis. We were so very careful but somehow my wife still got infected and passed it on to me and it was more scary than anything else. The people that denied covid was real obviously didn’t lose people they cared about or anyone in their own families. I guess this thread got under my skin because I just wanted to give people a heads up on pending Klipsch price increases. Nothing less and nothing more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve. said:

Just noticed Music Direct lists the Forte IV at $4998.   Walmart still has em for $4500 !    Why is World Wide Stereo allowed to sell through Walmart?     Thats not right and undermines legit Heritage Dealers.  

I agree that is crazy.

2 hours ago, Steve. said:

Sorry for your loss Fido....  so many people have lost someone close.    I work in just about every clinic and hospital in the Boston area as a vendor , I've been exposed a number of times and can't believe I didn't catch it.    

Glad you did not catch it as still have some long hauler symptoms. Hopefully over time those will disappear.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:34 AM, Fido said:

Good news and sad news too. We are all Phoenixes rising from the ashes of lockdowns, Michigan as much as California. Stay positive and healthy!

3 hours ago, Steve. said:

these sales are limited to the Forte and the Heresy , you can't buy a Khorn at Walmart -

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Fido said:

Thanks Travis. We were so very careful but somehow my wife still got infected and passed it on to me and it was more scary than anything else. The people that denied covid was real obviously didn’t lose people they cared about or anyone in their own families. I guess this thread got under my skin because I just wanted to give people a heads up on pending Klipsch price increases. Nothing less and nothing more. 

Believe me I know, we went away for a week last Fall, came back and both my parents advised they were positive (90 and 82), we dodged a major bullet on that one, too long to go into on your thread here, but all okay now. 

Glad you did this post, as I mentioned earlier, others have done so in the past, to the benefit of a great many here on the Forum.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:51 AM, Fido said:

... I have lost almost all interest in participating on the Klipsch forum. So many posts deleted but most were mean spirited and accused me of being an idiot with some ridiculous ulterior motives for making my original post.

I haven't spent as much time here in the last few months realizing that it's those same people that get threads I'm interested in shut down.

On 6/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, Fido said:

Thank you but it is too late for that as I already saw all the edited or deleted posts. I now know that there are some really nasty angry people that have more interest in arguing about political BS than talking about AUDIO Gear.

There really are. Btw, it's not the opinion that get's threads locked as much as the disrespect for fellow forum members by those who don't understand the value of civil  discourse on important topics that affect us all.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Fido said:

Thanks Mike. I enjoy many on the Forum but there are some here that clearly do not like me even though I am only into the gear but I am from California and that obviously is polarizing for so many. 

It's weird. I have been accused of being a *coastal elite* and now recognize it's jargon used by folks who aren't reading the words, but being influenced by the media they watch...I don't blame "the media" as much as  those who can't seem to change the channel.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, dwilawyer said:

There are a lot of folks on the Forum from California, not a single one I didn't/don't like. Only friendlier people anywhere are from Texas or TN.

I agree...Of course we both know it's more about where those folks are coming from than where anyone actually lives.

I am going to split off all of the OT posts about inflation into a seperate thread to keep yours intact.

Travis

Thanks Travis and hope it doesn't get political. 🤠

On 7/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, Fido said:

Thanks for sharing your story and sorry for your loss. Otoh, congratulations for coming out the other end and  hope your words changed the opinion of those bolded below:

8 hours ago, Fido said:

Don't let those people bother you and thanks for singling them out! 👀

On 7/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, Steve. said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe as dealers exhaust their stock they will list or disclose that

This reminds me what Klipsch did when they were going from the RF-7 generation to the RF-83 era--I gather as a marketing tool when introducing the RF-83s line they put the RF-7s on a half price sale, available only online through Klipsch online and Furnituremart (in person) to make the latter look like an inferior speaker...Evidently Klipsch realized their mistake and reintroduced the RF-7 with cosmetic changes and labeled it the RF-7 Classic. From there they did some more things cosmetically and now the rest is history as the RF-7IIs and RF-7IIIs came up for sale...

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

This reminds me what Klipsch did when they were going from the RF-7 generation to the RF-83 era--I gather as a marketing tool when introducing the RF-83s line they put the RF-7s on a half price sale, available only online through Klipsch online and Furnituremart (in person) to make the latter look like an inferior speaker...Evidently Klipsch realized their mistake and reintroduced the RF-7 with cosmetic changes and labeled it the RF-7 Classic. From there they did some more things cosmetically and now the rest is history as the RF-7IIs and RF-7IIIs came up for sale...

Marketing often seems to be driven by guesses and gambles, so it’s no surprise that sometimes even the biggest companies totally blow it.