Klipsch raising prices 10%???

Fido

2 hours ago, Fido said:

I got an email today from Upscale Audio stating that Klipsch is raising all their prices 10% on June 17

Fuel, wood, and shipping are used in producing and moving speakers are all going up.  The end user always pays.

11 hours ago, Fido said:

I got an email today from Upscale Audio stating that Klipsch is raising all their prices 10% on June 17

so nice of you to share this   better hurry up and place my order asap- 10% cheaper  TX 

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Thanks for the update.

You are very welcome. I learned a lot today about this Forum and it has left me wondering what has happened to civility in this world. Everything has to be divisive for no good reason. I guess some people enjoy arguing on the Internet.

• Like 2

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Fido said:

You are very welcome. I learned a lot today about this Forum and it has left me wondering what has happened to civility in this world. Everything has to be divisive for no good reason. I guess some people enjoy arguing on the Internet.

I know of several previous instances where members have posted something similar in the past. A heads up, like if you are in the market  you way want to act soon. 

This happened a couple of years ago with the Heritage line, La Scala price for sure, being increased. People made decisions based on that information, and it saved them money.  There was some discussion about whether the increased

was warranted, but there was no digression into macro and micro economic theory, monetary policy, etc. 

Thanks again for the heads up.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not in the market to buy new anymore.  I'm also thankful I'm out of the consumer electronics industry. I'd hate being a Manufacturers rep right now trying to explain this stuff.  Sometimes when these price increases happen, when business declines, etc., they would cut out the reps and try to do it direct.  It's an ever changing industry for sure.  You can count on prices not going down. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my Forte IV in February...   I used my Heresy III for almost 4 years and got only $300 less than what I paid for them, because I bought them right before they went up in price. They were MSRP of $2000, then went to $2598.....  I paid $1800  for the H3 so my trade in was better than expected, I actually benefited from the increase...   I hope the $500 jump in price doesn't keep one from looking at the IV, they are really a great speaker.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Occasionally, when I see a topic go over ten pages that I am not particularly interested in and consider to likely be a pretty mundane discussion, I drop in on the last page to see how far the game of telephone has wandered from the title of the original post.  I must say, you guys have outdone yourselves on this one.  Bravo.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cicerogue said:

Occasionally, when I see a topic go over ten pages that I am not particularly interested in and consider to likely be a pretty mundane discussion, I drop in on the last page to see how far the game of telephone has wandered from the title of the original post.  I must say, you guys have outdone yourselves on this one.  Bravo.

Great post. I am the op and I wasn’t thinking that sharing the email I got that Klipsch was announcing price increases would instantly become political and  upset so many of the members here. I have lost almost all interest in participating on the Klipsch forum. So many posts deleted but most were mean spirited and accused me of being an idiot with some ridiculous ulterior motives for making my original post.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fido said:

Great post. I am the op and I wasn’t thinking that sharing the email I got that Klipsch was announcing price increases would instantly become political and  upset so many of the members here. I have lost almost all interest in participating on the Klipsch forum. So many posts deleted but most were mean spirited and accused me of being an idiot with some ridiculous ulterior motives for making my original post.

It's your topic. Ask a moderator to close it, if it is your wish.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, billybob said:

It's your topic. Ask a moderator to close it, if it is your wish.

Thanks!

Thank you but it is too late for that as I already saw all the edited or deleted posts. I now know that there are some really nasty angry people that have more interest in arguing about political BS than talking about AUDIO Gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fido said:

Thank you but it is too late for that as I already saw all the edited or deleted posts. I now know that there are some really nasty angry people that have more interest in arguing about political BS than talking about AUDIO Gear.

Not perfect myself. At times I have to remember it is about the music for me. Just trying to remind you, that you do have a say on your own topic.

Happy you are expressing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido said:

You are correct in that we have some members that can’t control expressing themselves when it comes to political BS opinions even though they know it isn’t allowed on this forum and even though there are plenty of places they could go on the internet they seem to persist at it here on the Klipsch Forum. 

Fido…. The reality is do you really want to choose to let the political bs and these members drive you from the forum and the good parts of the forum and the sharing with the good members that are also a part of this forum…??? 

Anyway I hope you choose to stay and if any of the crap starts up in your threads just report it to the moderators who can deal with them.

miketn

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

You are correct in that we have some members that can’t control expressing themselves when it comes to political BS opinions even though they know it isn’t allowed on this forum and even though there are plenty of places they could go on the internet they seem to persist at it here on the Klipsch Forum. 

Fido…. The reality is do you really want to choose to let the political bs and these members drive you from the forum and the good parts of the forum and the sharing with the good members that are also a part of this forum…??? 

Anyway I hope you choose to stay and if any of the crap starts up in your threads just report it to the moderators who can deal with them.

miketn

Thanks Mike. I enjoy many on the Forum but there are some here that clearly do not like me even though I am only into the gear but I am from California and that obviously is polarizing for so many. 

• Haha 1

Going to leave it with this. One may not like me for whatever reason. That is alright. It is not a make or break, as I like discussion of various topics whether or not I participate.

With so many members in general, and regular posters in particular, it is abit refreshing we get along as well as we do. The Lounge usually has something going on of interest for most. Some come and rarely post outside of their varied interests.

Out of the throng of new members coming daily, they have a particular interest in joining. If I were to personalize any posting that appears to be negative, it may be intolerable. Feathers often are ruffled only to harden from perceived or direct attack.

Some do leave, others need the space for a brief respite and return.

When I have a chip on my shoulder, it is best not to venture here, I have found. After what some have been through, it is no wonder nerves are frayed, and feelings are hurt. Talking about it helps in most times, as an outlet rather than the internalizing.

Thanks for letting me say the obvious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Fido said:

Thanks Mike. I enjoy many on the Forum but there are some here that clearly do not like me even though I am only into the gear but I am from California and that obviously is polarizing for so many. 

I'm from California, half in Southern and half in Northern, left after law school  in '86. I still have lot's of family there, and will be out there on the beach for most of July.  We try to spend a month there every year in either the City or SoCal.

There are a lot of folks on the Forum from California, not a single one I didn't/don't like. Only friendlier people anywhere are from Texas or TN.

I am going to split off all of the OT posts about inflation into a seperate thread to keep yours intact.

Travis

• Like 2