The Klipsch Audio Community
Fido

Klipsch raising prices 10%???

1 hour ago, JefDC said:

Premium here is $7.37 per American Gallon (3.785 liters)

Where is here ?

4 hours ago, Fido said:

REALLY????? So everything in this world has to be right or left politics? Please lock this thread! I no longer want to participate on this Forum! I only posted my OP because I got a notice in my email about the rise in Klipsch prices not to start some ridiculous left versus right BS!!!!!

Good for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fido said:

You were right and I was naive! I am bummed out that we can no longer talk here about audio because everywhere it has to be about politics. This is the only place I spent anytime at on the Internet! BUMMER!

It used to be the same for a lot of us.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

no thanks---- that's you , cry baby  --

You guys need to cut it out.

• Confused 1

The economy has been grinding to a halt. There are supply issues, and now everything is taking off at the same time. Demand can’t be met and/or everything used to make things is going up.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fido said:

I got an email today from Upscale Audio stating that Klipsch is raising all their prices 10% on June 17

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Thanks for the update.

You are very welcome. I learned a lot today about this Forum and it has left me wondering what has happened to civility in this world. Everything has to be divisive for no good reason. I guess some people enjoy arguing on the Internet.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fido said:

You are very welcome. I learned a lot today about this Forum and it has left me wondering what has happened to civility in this world. Everything has to be divisive for no good reason. I guess some people enjoy arguing on the Internet.

I know of several previous instances where members have posted something similar in the past. A heads up, like if you are in the market  you way want to act soon. 

This happened a couple of years ago with the Heritage line, La Scala price for sure, being increased. People made decisions based on that information, and it saved them money.  There was some discussion about whether the increased

was warranted, but there was no digression into macro and micro economic theory, monetary policy, etc. 

Thanks again for the heads up.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not in the market to buy new anymore.  I'm also thankful I'm out of the consumer electronics industry. I'd hate being a Manufacturers rep right now trying to explain this stuff.  Sometimes when these price increases happen, when business declines, etc., they would cut out the reps and try to do it direct.  It's an ever changing industry for sure.  You can count on prices not going down. 

• Like 1

I never thought of economics as being political, but I suppose it is. 

46 minutes ago, Deang said:

I never thought of economics as being political, but I suppose it is. 

Economics isn't, economic policy is, thus the hidden posts.

13 hours ago, Deang said:

The economy has been grinding to a halt. There are supply issues, and now everything is taking off at the same time. Demand can’t be met and/or everything used to make things is going up.

Thank You.  High demand and low supply due to shortages of everything everywhere from closures and reduced ability to produce from Covid ........plus suppliers are short handed because workers like to stay home and collect unemployment.  Prices are going to go up for the foreseeable future.

Take a drive on a major highway sometime and look at the number of tractor trailers.  Unprecedented amount of shipping going on.  Trying to meet demands.

I agree, let's keep it essentially non-political. Neither the left nor the right want a bad economy, they just have wildly opposite ideas about how to make a good economy. I have political views but I still assume the "other side" wants good.

The price of plywood and hair gel have both skyrocketed. (I had to buy some hair gel for my wife a couple of days ago).

Let's argue about toe in. I've already made up my mind on tubes and cables.

Edit: Just visited a Klipsch Facebook page, they are arguing disagreeing about "grills on versus grills off", but doing it very politely.

I like the GB Shaw quote.

Is inflation going higher or lower? We checked with the model that has the best record (msn.com)

As for toe in with forte IIs, Klipsch recommended being able to look down the throats of the horns while sitting in the sweet spot.  For those who move around a lot, they are rarely in a sweet spot, so I can see the rationale behind less toe in.  I don't know how it measures though.

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I like the GB Shaw quote.

Is inflation going higher or lower? We checked with the model that has the best record (msn.com)

As for toe in with forte IIs, Klipsch recommended being able to look down the throats of the horns while sitting in the sweet spot.  For those who move around a lot, they are rarely in a sweet spot, so I can see the rationale behind less toe in.  I don't know how it measures though.

At Bonehead's class in 2019 he mentioned and had his Jubs crossfiring.  In other words significantly toed so they crossed in front of the listening position.

Edit..........and something else.........he also discussed how he tilted them downward slightly to keep reflections off the ceiling.

I've always preferred a slight toe in, just not 45 degrees. 

Just now, mark1101 said:

In other words significantly toed so they crossed in front of the listening position.

Makes since now. 

And?  I gots ta know.

( In other words significantly toed so they crossed in front of the listening position.)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

And?  I gots ta know.

( In other words significantly toed so they crossed in front of the listening position.)

I don't understand why you would want to cross in front of the listening position either, so I would also like to know the reasoning behind this.

I use a long T-square to help aim my speakers...  The cross piece is placed firmly on the top back of the speaker, and the 3' rule is then aimed directly at the listening spot so that I absolutely know that it is aimed directly at the listening position of my head.  Shims are used to bring either the front or back of the speaker up, effectively raising or lowering the aiming spot of the mid horn (which is the most important audio frequency range to me!).

Now I will reveal my hidden shame to the world:  I was a "sound guy" back in my youth, and I was living in the farthest south you can get in North Carolina.  Due south of Charlotte, in fact.  I had a secondary job as a bouncer in a topless establishment, but my primary job during the day was as the "sound guy" for Heritage USA, which was directly over the state line in South Carolina. 

That's right, I worked for Jim and Tammy Bakker. 

They had a few venues on the property where I was required to work the mixing boards, troubleshoot issues, and generally keep things running smoothly.  There was the TV studio/auditorium (which means room or area for listening in Latin!), the water park, and the outdoor amphitheater where they performed plays in the round.  It looked identical to the historical Roman outdoor amphitheaters. 

(If this doesn't shift the topic, I don't know what will...)

If anyone has any questions, please post them here.  I will answer all that I can.  Remind me to talk about fixing the sound problem for "The Coasters" at a live venue, and being asked to hang out and party with them that night after the show.  Cognac and Dom were the primary catalysts for spontaneous music and humor.  Then they started making "mixed drinks" (as they called them...), consisting of Cognac with Dom on top in a 1/3rd - 2/3rds ratio.  Very similar to my grandfathers' Canadian - 7 mixes every night (but with a LOT more kick!).

• Thanks 1