She loves the Belle’s

2 hours ago, Pondoro said:

I saw the subject and thought you were talking about your wife. I have an awesome wife but she thinks Heresy's are too big, they are banished to the man cave.

Heresy? Wife? How about this? Maybe first the house, then the dear wife? If her shoe closet was sized like the bass horns, nothing should stand in the way of love happiness.😎

A38AF331-48C0-4F47-9597-85D60981BD19.png

257C4219-A88E-4B23-9586-51BA3922C4C0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KT88 said:

Heresy? Wife? How about this? Maybe first the house, then the dear wife? If her shoe closet was sized like the bass horns, nothing should stand in the way of love happiness.😎

Notice there are no females in that room...

9 hours ago, avguytx said:

So the Belles sound better than the CF-3's? I haven't listened to mine much in the last 6 or 8 months since I got the ads L1230's.  Still deliberating on a pair of version 1 CF-3's about 20 minutes from me.  

In and all around way the Belle’s just have more of “it” with an MC30 on each. Your CF3’s being extreme outward are in the mix providing some mids, mid bass and a certain different bass kick, faster attack, but maybe not quite as deep fills as the K33’s. MC 75’s drive the CF3’s. 
This is my “turn it up to concert levels” system. When I pop in a live concert DVD. I’ve had visitors tell me ‘it’s like you are actually there’.

I also love the Thorens through the C20 phono stage as well. I have my best cartridge, Pickering XZL-7500 with a Redboy (Nate) Altec/Peerless SUT stepping up the signal. 
One other thing to consider, the Belle’s aren’t so directional, such wide dispersion, dig deep. I should toe in the right CF just a tad more. Hope this helps @avguytx

11 hours ago, KT88 said:

Now this I’d like to sit in one of those chairs!

19 minutes ago, DirtyErnie said:

For those of us just joining, anyone care to explain what exactly those horns there are?

Others here have more technical education than I do. From what I see, concerning the bass, no pressure chamber is used. And also no sound transformation. The bass drivers radiate with the full surface. So I would guess that the bass horn is not a "real" horn but rather some kind of waveguide. But I have no idea what acoustic laws apply when you build this big. Looking forward what the experts will say.

I am sorry if I hijacked the thread. This is supposed to be more about a sweet dog who feels very comfortable when she seeks the proximity of LaBelle. Sorry. And the nice dog speaks for herself.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:56 PM, Pondoro said:

I have an awesome wife but she thinks Heresy's are too big, they are banished to the man cave.

Pondoro,

Show your wife this pic... my wife has no problem with the size....

20190814_161002.jpg

• Like 1

Love your dog ... we have an identical one :)  (Haha; and similar CF-3's.)

Always wanted a pair of Belle's, but their "width" does not fit with my current set-up (have KPT-904's with K510 horns in a "bookcase" surrounding our fireplace). Would be a major remodeling to make room for them and may NOT be an upgrade. :( Think if I would "remodel" I might just go for 50" spacing to put in Jubes. :)