Scanning, PDFs, editing, who knows about all this?

JL Sargent

What I want to do:

Scan a multi page document with a Fujitsu IX500 scanner into a Windows 10 computer which creates a PDF file. (this I got!)

Merge digitally that PDF file with additional single page PDF files containing photos from another piece of software making just 1 PDF file in the end. (this not as easy)

I do not want to print out that second PDF group before scanning because of the unavoidable loss in quality.

Any help with this appreciated.

I did a trial of the regular adobe last week so I could edit some documents. Adobe darn near took over my pc! Wanted constant contact with the www. I went back to the DC version.  I managed that only by printing the separate pdfs out. Then I scanned them back to the PC in PDF form and it let me add them together into a single PDF.

• Like 1

I keep an ancient version of Adobe Acrobat 6.0 for this -- it's so old that I have to run it in a Windows XP virtual machine, but it gets the job done. You might check eBay to see if anything similar is available.

As for Adobe Reader DC, I do business on my computer and cannot allow anything that I do to be stored "in the cloud", so I stopped updating at Reader X. It still tries to phone home every time, but I set up a firewall filter to prevent that. And my files stay on my computer, where they belong.

• Like 1

I have the full version of Acrobat pro (9.x or close. I also got the full version of Qoppa Software's PDFStudio Pro, about half the price of Acrobat Pro. I like it because you can install it on two computers, and it will run on Windows, macOS, and linux.

Qoppa.com

• Like 2

The Kofax software looks good, too, but I wish they had screen shots of the user interface.

Most of these will allow you to scan in a document directly into your application, i.e., Acrobat Pro or PDSFStudio...

On 6/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, JL Sargent said:

Merge digitally that PDF file with additional single page PDF files containing photos from another piece of software making just 1 PDF file in the end. (this not as easy)

Extremely easy IF you have Adobe Acrobat. I use the Professional version (before the subscription requirement kicked in) and group PDF's from various sources for reports and such.

In addition to Marvel's suggestion/recommendation, "Bluebeam" is another good program. Bluebeam's used by some pretty big consulting firms so it should have all the bells' and whistles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

...before the subscription requirement kicked in

Acrobat Pro is one of the few Adobe Products that you can still purchase. We just bought four licences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I believe that's incorrect.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Gilbert,

Acrobat Pro 2020 is available for purchase. There are advantages for both types. You might just need it for a month or two, but I still use ver. 9.x from Creative Suite 4. It's expensive this way, but we paid less as a non-profit. Try this link...

https://commerce.adobe.com/checkout/email/?cli=creative&co=US&items[0][id]=58675001ACEBE288DBDA18D701134F56&lang=en