Emmanuel

I was originally looking at upgrading my rc7 to a rc64iii but I was told that the rc7 was a better match for my rf7s. I’m assuming because of the different x-over frequency between the rf7 and the rf7iii. Then I read on your forum about someone who compared rc7s with the deang upgrade to the rc64 and said he could hardly tell the difference between them. So I’m hoping and upgrade on the rc7 and rf7 would be a win win. What is your opinion? Or should I just buy the rc64iii and would it be a noticeable improvement over the rc7? I am happy with what I have but you always want to improve. 
Thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Hi, 

I’m new to this, do I reply to the group or the individual?

are you looking at re-capping your existing crossovers  with newer high end  parts ------or are you going for an Entirely new set of crossovers -

18 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Hi, I’m new to these forums and been reading a lot about Dean G X- overs.
I am after information regarding purchasing Dean G x-overs for my RF7’s and RC7. 

thanks

Emmanuel

Deang only does crossovers for the Heritage line of speakers

On 6/11/2021 at 3:44 AM, RandyH001 said:

are you looking at re-capping your existing crossovers  with newer high end  parts ------or are you going for an Entirely new set of crossovers -

Not sure, don’t know what the pros and cons are with each of those options. Also there might be a bit of a time delay in my responses because I live in Australia .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Not sure, don’t know what the pros and cons are with each of those options. Also there might be a bit of a time delay in my responses because I live in Australia .

@JEM Performance  can ship you a set of OEM capacitors to Australia  / NEW identical factory parts than what is currently on your Crossovers main boards -

why klipsch factory caps  ?  ------Jim can be contacted  via PM  @JEM Performance  or email    https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

----always ask JEM to use a USPS envelope by Mail instead of a box to ship to Australia as the rates are much lower -

On 6/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, RandyH001 said:

@JEM Performance  can ship you a set of OEM capacitors to Australia  / NEW identical factory parts than what is currently on your Crossovers main boards -

why klipsch factory caps  ?  ------Jim can be contacted  via PM  @JEM Performance  or email    https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

----always ask JEM to use a USPS envelope by Mail instead of a box to ship to Australia as the rates are much lower -

The caps in the RF 7s more than likely aren't bad.  Replacing them with JEM stuff won't do a thing.  The biggest part of Dean's magic in those crossovers is adding a resistor that the original doesn't have.  That's the modded crossover that he's read about.